Unable to flash H9S

robbyde24

Just upgraded from i55 to H9S. It came pre-installed with openatv 6.2, tried to reflash with 6.3 before applying Wooshbuild infinity but can't get it to flash, have tried numerous flash drives including my normal one which never fails to deliver but justs sits there while I am holding the reset button in with the flash drive flashing rapidly, I have tried flashing wiyhin the system , it downloads 6.3 & when trying to install says " invalid file".
I have been in touch with the supplier & he says not to use openatv or wooshbuild as there are issues & it is better to flash open vix. I have tried to flash openvix 5.3 & still it will not flash.
Any help would be appreciated as it is only 2 days old & am getting to the stage where I suspect the box.

As an after note, I did manage to apply wooshbuild onto the original atv 6.2, had initialisation problems with the storage device, ( blue screen ), but have managed to get around that.
It's just not being able to upgrade in any way.

Are you sure it is a H9s?
Make sure there's not a sticker on the front, it could be a different box with a label over it, this has happened before which would explain the 'invalid file' message
Check the rear of the box and compare it with pictures on Google

I think its unlikely to be anything other than a H9s unless it was bought from someone in jogging bottoms in Witherspoons! My advice would be to keep trying to flash!

Had thought about "grogbuild freerange" as an alternative, it's just if the box is faulty, it needs to be changed.
I have owned a H9s for over a year now, it has been flashed a few times now on openvix! I did get a lot of problems for First Flash with messages of insufficient space etc
I found that my box didn't like being flashed from the USB 3 connection and would partly flash before crash there, this is just a thought are you trying to flash in that port? The USB 2 is the White one under the Ethernet connection! Also the box has low Flash space!! And flashing with some usb drive support helps.

I have owned a H9s for over a year now, it has been flashed a few times now on openvix! I did get a lot of problems for First Flash with messages of insufficient space etc
I found that my box didn't like being flashed from the USB 3 connection and would partly flash before crash there, this is just a thought are you trying to flash in that port? The USB 2 is the White one under the Ethernet connection! Also the box has low Flash space!! And flashing with some usb drive support helps.
The one I have is the wifi version, it only has a usb 2.0 which is in between the ethernet port & hdmi. When I tried to flash on the fly to update it asked me to insert a usb stick but then I had the initialisation problem, must admit I havn't tried again since. It's also got a TF card slot.

Back