Satellite Unable to flash Zgemma H7S from USB

balanga

I am unable to flash my Zgemma H7S from USB - the display shows the word 'flash' for an instance but goes on to show 'boot'. I have tried various images and USB sticks but all show the same behaviour.

I undertand it is possible to flash a system by either mounting a USB stick or copying the image to the hard drive, Can anyone explain how to do this? In particular I would like to install Pur-E2.

Also could someone explain the difference between 2partition images and Recovery images?

Many thanks.

I am unable to flash my Zgemma H7S from USB - the display shows the word 'flash' for an instance but goes on to show 'boot'. I have tried various images and USB sticks but all show the same behaviour.

I undertand it is possible to flash a system by either mounting a USB stick or copying the image to the hard drive, Can anyone explain how to do this? In particular I would like to install Pur-E2.

Also could someone explain the difference between 2partition images and Recovery images?

Many thanks.
When you put the USB in the box and power it on with white button, keep a finger on front standby button until it begins the flashing process then let it go.

With openatv and openvix you can flash by command line.
Never used pur e2 images so no idea how they work

PurE2 have an image that will partition the flash into 2 partitions rather than the usual 4, not sure why unless it's for the extra space.
To flash from usb you need the recovery.emmc file. The usb one is just for flashing from the OS.

Back