Unicable 2 LNB.

Vumon

TK Supporter
Since i've had my VU+ Uno SE box, I've been using it with a Technomate twin LNB on a mk4 sky dish. I'd like to start using the full potential of the FBC tuner and get a unicable LNB. Is there a certain one to get or are they all much of a muchness? I was going to buy a GT-Sat GT-S1DCSS24 from World of Satellite but they are out of stock so if anyone would have any suggestions for alternatives, it would be appreciated.
I am not feeding any switches or splitters and don't intend to, so I think I just need a single output Unicable LNB and just use one of the existing sky cables to feed the box?

As always, thanks for the help. 😀

I use the GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 SCR/dCSS Single Cable Unicable II LNB SCR24 with 3x Legacy Outputs
It is significantly dearer than the single output version though at £69.

Any one will do, just make sure it is not unicable 1 which only have 4 SCR. Don't forget the 40mm adapter for your sky dish. Sky dishes for the last 10 years or so take LNBs that have 38mm collars. THere is an mctv one with 16 SCR for 41.11 on a famous auction site.

The other option is a switch, but you would need a quattro LNB as well as the LNB adapter.

Thanks chaps. i wasnt sure whether there are some makes that I should be dodging but as I can’t get that GTsat one because of stock issues, I’ll go for the mctv one.

I already have the 40mm collar fitted as I swapped from a wideband lnb when I bought my E2 box. Once the LNB is fitted and the box has been configured to use it, will it need another retune?

6 months ago I knew nothing of this world and hadn’t even heard of an e2 Linux box so I apologise for the basic questions. I got into this because I wanted to use an existing dish for freesat but then discovered that the arris box was rubbish, so needed to find something different.

As an engineer, I do like a fiddle and have some limited experience with Linux from years ago so I’m hoping this might help me on this journey! I‘m enjoying myself which is the main thing and its been great to have discovered this forum and it’s friendly knowledgeable members.

Thanks once again.

Not heard of them before but there are a couple of MCTV LNB's listed in the ViX unicable.xml

<manufacturer name="Maclean">
<product name="MCTV-762" scrs="1210,1420,1680,2040"/>
<product name="Unicable II MCTV-785" format="jess" scrs ="1210,1420,1680,2040,985,1050,1115,1275,1340,1485 ,1550,1615,1745,1810,1875,1940"/>
</manufacturer>

Re collar: Sorry, I missed the bit about the Technomate LNB. That is an industry standard 40mm one.

Changing LNB does not require rescanning. Setting tuner configuration to match physical apparatus is all that is required.

Unless you are going to start sending code and adapting things, the fact it is Linux is irrelevant. Yes it does help, but is not necessary. Do people need to know Linux to use phones?

It is just a lot more involved/complicated because it has to cater for different users, preferences, equipment and environments. The licensed/proprietary software and systems in commercial devices complicates things further. As an example, let's take coffee. Somebody used to only drinking nescafe ordering coffee from the coffee shop will be asked several questions by the barrista. What's this, 20 questions? All I wanted was a cup of coffee!

When configuring tuner, set it to advanced instead of simple. It should be straight forward. The unintuitive term/option/field is "connected". It is actually asking if you are going through another tuner. So if you have a wire hooked up to it, you are not going through another tuner, connected option should be set to no. All the other 7 are going through the tuner with the wire, so they have to be set to yes.

Let me propose the change to use such a layman's term and see what happens.

Back