Uno 4K SE first setup problems

Randy100

Hello everyone. I bought a decoder with a converter and wanted to connect it today.
I struggled with it all day but it was not enough time to figure it out.

After searching the web, I decided to make a purchase:
-Decoder: Vu+ Uno 4K SE DVB-S2X

-Converter: Inverto 5434 IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP UniCable, LNBs

I attached the antenna to the wall, following the example of my neighbors. I have a signal tester and used it to set the direction, it was partially successful.
Later I connected the sat cable to the Unicable output on the converter, and on the other side to the first input from the edge on the decoder.
Then I flashed the decoder with the latest OpenATV 7.0 image.
I connected LAN cable and installed 2 plugins via WinSCP:
-enigma2-softcams-cccam-all-images_2.3.9-r0-RAED_OE2.0_all.ipk
-enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.703-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk

As you know there are a lot of settings there, some frequencies, types of LNBs, and much more.
In the tuner settings, I set "by eye" tuner 1 and 2 to hotbird and tuner 3 to Unicable and chose a similar name for my converter. There is no exact model.
The signal strength indicator in tuner menu shows nothing. I thought it was enough to connect the cable and the decoder would recognize the converter for itself.
Anyway, I got into a confusing circle, I don't know what further steps to take to connect it.
I don't see any channels, even the free unencrypted ones. It is impossible to change channels, even if they were blank, etc.
Can someone recommend me some tutorial that will guide me through the first setup?

Last edited by a moderator:
Youll need to set up the unicable LNB properly before you get anywhere. I'd just set up tuner a to start with leave other not configured.

Did you get a leaflet with the Inverto 5434 IDLU-QUDL42-UNR2L-1PP UniCable telling you the SCR frequencies ? It only has 4 channels so FBC automatic should be fine.

You could try the other Inverto LNBs listed in the settings.

Can you print screen your tuner/lnb settings and post them ?

The unicable F connector on the LNB is the gold coloured one.

You could try this after tuner setup

1532094505.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay but I had to take a break from this.
Today I tried again to set up the antenna. I selected Hotbird 13E in the decoder settings and found a good signal using the tester.
However, when searching for channels it only finds 5.
Should I set up my converter and antenna for a specific frequency?
Here is the signal strength and settings:
https://i.ibb.co/tDjJ9Z2/Zrzut-ekranu-20221018-211307.png
Should I switch my antenna to a frequency from this list?
Hot Bird 13B / Hot Bird 13C / Hot Bird 13E (13°E) - Wszystkie transmisje - częstotliwości - KingOfSat
Which one exactly?

In the meantime, I have uploaded the channel list and bouquets to the decoder, to the etc/tuxbox folder
It still finds only a few channels, but different from the previous ones.
https://i.ibb.co/N638PST/Zrzut-ekranu-20221018-213522.png
Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay but I had to take a break from this.
Today I tried again to set up the antenna. I selected Hotbird 13E in the decoder settings and found a good signal using the tester.
However, when searching for channels it only finds 5.
Should I set up my converter and antenna for a specific frequency?
Here is the signal strength and settings:
https://i.ibb.co/tDjJ9Z2/Zrzut-ekranu-20221018-211307.png
Should I switch my antenna to a frequency from this list?
Hot Bird 13B / Hot Bird 13C / Hot Bird 13E (13°E) - Wszystkie transmisje - częstotliwości - KingOfSat
Which one exactly?

In the meantime, I have uploaded the channel list and bouquets to the decoder, to the etc/tuxbox folder
It still finds only a few channels, but different from the previous ones.
https://i.ibb.co/N638PST/Zrzut-ekranu-20221018-213522.png
Thanks for your help.
You need to scan the whole sat not just one transponder.

Can you post some screen shots of your tuner setup

So I need to change the second option "scan type"? Do I still need to change anything else?
Then it should find the channels?
I know these questions make no sense to you :)

So I need to change the second option "scan type"? Do I still need to change anything else?
Then it should find the channels?
I know these questions make no sense to you :)
Just change the scan type to scan the full sat see how many channels you pull in then.

Unfortunately, it does not find any (zero) channels after the change to "one satelite".
I tried automatic and manual search. Could the problem be that the antenna was previously set to the wrong frequency?
Sorry for the low quality picture:

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu_20221018_222157.png
    Zrzut ekranu_20221018_222157.png
    614.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back