Update software comes with a warning

Hi all

I need to update my H2S Zgemma box.

The box advises that this is a big upgrade and the box may crash.

It is advised to flash the box instead

Can you please advise where the latest flash can be downloaded as well as the process please?

Thank you BL

yes, flash the box, software updates are hit and miss anyway and if it's giving you a warning then it probably means the image on your box is out of date, probably going ti be just as quick to reflash and potentially less hassle

Thanks for that. For today, reason other forum post. I can initilise the drive as it does not contain any worthwhile data to install new build I presume?

Thanks for that. For today, reason other forum post. I can initilise the drive as it does not contain any worthwhile data to install new build I presume?
I don't know what you have stored on current flash drive but you can install file commander and if you need files from old flash drive you can copy them over to new flash drive once it is initialised.
With file commander you use <PREV and NEXT> keys to tab between windows

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 6
Thank you Urie,

I added the USB to the box when I first installed Grogbuild and never really used it since then. Although Filecommander does look interesting.

Regards BL

Thank you Urie,

I added the USB to the box when I first installed Grogbuild and never really used it since then. Although Filecommander does look interesting.

Regards BL
looking at you picture it says dev/sda1 983mb 100% used have a look to see what is on it but personally you would be better with larger thumbdrive you can store settings backup and full backup on that and on older thumbdrive for safe keeping.

Sure thanks and will do so.

If helpful

6.4 requires a password to be set for ftp.

Regards BL

Thank you all for your help with this matter.

Grogbuild rocks! Quite scary how a cumbersome process has been automated to allow even a technophobe like to complete the installation.

Also a big shout out to the team who grace this forum for your help as always.

Much appreciated BL

If helpful

6.4 requires a password to be set for ftp.

Regards BL
menu\setup\system\network\password setup.

Thank you all for your help with this matter.

Grogbuild rocks! Quite scary how a cumbersome process has been automated to allow even a technophobe like to complete the installation.

Also a big shout out to the team who grace this forum for your help as always.

Much appreciated BL
remember to do full backup once fully setup :smiley:

looking at you picture it says dev/sda1 983mb 100% used have a look to see what is on it but personally you would be better with larger thumbdrive you can store settings backup and full backup on that and on older thumbdrive for safe keeping.
Biggest mistake people make urie for the sake of a fiver

Back