Updating IPTV Channel List

stevesmiff

Newbie
I'm running Wooshbuild on a H2S. My IPTV provider gave me a script to run in putty which has added an extra bouquet with all the IPTV channels within. New channels and films/series are added regularly but my box doesn't seem to see these changes unless I do a full reboot of the box. I don't want to keep doing this but I'm unsure of an alternative quicker way of refreshing this list. Any ideas?
 

scoob197

TK Veteran
speak to your supplier there is no way any of us can know what that script is doing exactly

to be honest rebooting your box to update channel list doesnt sound like too much of an issue?
 

pippin

Newbie
Zgemmas only update when you tell them to, ie 1st thing in the morning or if you run a scan.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
 

stevesmiff

Newbie
Thread starter
Thanks... yes rebooting not too big an issue but I tend to flick to my IPTV sub for live events. Not wishing to miss too much of the action, I was looking for a quicker solution than a reboot (yes I'm impatient!).

An overnight power timer is a good idea (why didn't I think of that?!) and will sort 99% of issues. The remaining 1% this wouldn't resolve is when PPV type events are on and channels are being added as they go live.

I've not heard of the Xc plugin so will have a look to see what this can do. It might handle my IPTV better as the bouquet at the moment is just one big list of everything so not very user friendly.

I'm sure I have it set up to do automatic channel scans (my sat channels and sat epg update every night). I thought it might be a separate type update as this is for my IPTV channels.
 

scoob197

TK Veteran
I like the XC plugin for VOD and live events for that very reason
It will depend on your sub tho, not all work via xc plugin
 

arkles

TK Veteran
For xc plugin you need to install the folder through FTP usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions, reboot, the enclosed . XML (in the zip file) needs to be edited in notepad with your user and pass then uploaded to /etc/enigma2

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
 

Mjamil

Newbie
You need to run this script with telnet than new list comes on top of your favourite channel list


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Top