Updating Open Vix on Vu+

celldweller

Hi all

I am trying to update my Vu+ Solo 2 box but encountering a problem with it reading the USB stick.

The box hasn't been updated in two years because I remember having a similar problem back then but cannot remember how it was fixed.

I downloaded the guide and latest image from the OpenVix website and followed their instructions but when I put the USB stick in the box doesn't appear to recognise the USB stick. It has been formatted to FAT32 and the file was unzipped before putting it on the stick.
I turn the box off at the back on the rocker switch, plug the USB stick in and turn the box back on but no instruction appears on the front of the box to press the power button. I have tried it on two different USB sticks.

Can anyone help or suggest a way around it? I don't think I remember the boxes password for doing it over the internet?

Thanks in advance.

Why not flashing using Image manager?

Stage 1
Blue > Vix > Image manager > Download
Select the image you want, it will download to your storage device

Stage 2
Blue > Vix > Image manager > Flash
Select the image you want to flash and select it

Why not flashing using Image manager?

Stage 1
Blue > Vix > Image manager > Download
Select the image you want, it will download to your storage device

Stage 2
Blue > Vix > Image manager > Flash
Select the image you want to flash and select it

Do I just format the USB stick, put it in any port and follow those steps?

Reading post 1 many have had issues with usb flashing , i like and use Cruzer,Integral and Kingston all 8gb.
Any other usb devices need to be removed first and try another usb stick as usually worked then.
Modern flashing ways have changed and not needing usb sticks.

I also see Vix listed at bottom of setup.

Reading post 1 many have had issues with usb flashing , i like and use Cruzer,Integral and Kingston all 8gb.
Any other usb devices need to be removed first and try another usb stick as usually worked then.
I have a 4gb Cruzer but it isn't working...unless I am doing the unzipping wrong

Should work with that as i format on desktop or laptop pc, downloaded files and extracted to usb stick.No other usb sticks in machine.
I updated last post also.

I also see Vix listed at bottom of setup.
Sorry if I am being an idiot but vix listed at bottom of setup?

Back