Updating Open Vix on Vu+

Are you sure you are using openvix and not other image as it looks the same and under my HDMI CEC is VIX
Menu--info-about will say what you are using

No other usb sticks in box is there, might try reflashing box and pressing coloured button to see if it kicks in.
Cant remember where image manager might be on that image.

No other USB sticks - nothing is in it.

I think I had to to hook it up to PC last time :( - just dont know why I cant access over telnet

Try the USB tools by willow first. If you stilll dont have any joy, you should be able to reset the password in the Network > password menu. You wont be prompted for the old one.

Are any errors shown when you go in plugin menu? Do you have parental controls set?

Try the USB tools by willow first. If you stilll dont have any joy, you should be able to reset the password in the Network > password menu. You wont be prompted for the old one.

Are any errors shown when you go in plugin menu? Do you have parental controls set?
USB method suggested by @Willo3092 didnt work.

I do get an error message hen I go onto the plugin menu

Ok, if error disappears before you can see it, not to worry. I think we can solve your issue this way.

Download full image backup suite (ipk only) from here: Dima73/automatic-full-backup
Transfer ipk to your USB stick. With no menus showing on receiver, plug the USB stick in, it should hopefully allow you to install it. Once installed restart.
Go into the plugin, you will have to select the extracted image folder on USB stick and there will be an option to flash

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on 'didn't work'?
What part of the flashing guide failed?
I plugged the USB stick into the front USB and the box didnt read it - I followed all the other steps and formatted the drive, downloaded the file and unzipped to USB all fine

Ok, if error disappears before you can see it, not to worry. I think we can solve your issue this way.

Download full image backup suite from here: Dima73/automatic-full-backup
Transfer ipk to your USB stick. With no menus showing on receiver, plug the USB stick in, it should hopefully allow you to install it. Once installed restart.
Go into the plugin, you will have to select the extracted image folder on USB stick and there will be an option to flash
Just to clarify only the IPK file?

Back