Updating Samsung S2 (SM-T815)

Hi
First time in this section of Techkings so apologies if my question has already been asked
I bought my S2 from an official Samsung store in Doha Airport (Qatar) about 5 years ago.
The problem I have is that it is stuck at Android 7 and some new apps now require Android 9.

Because my tablet has a UAE ID, the official Samsung store in Belfast wouldn't even honor the warranty when I had a problem with it when it was about a year old. (They suggested I should send it back to Qatar for repair! - I thought Samsung was a world-wide product, but apparently not)
So my question is, is there a way to upgrade to at least Android 9

Hi
First time in this section of Techkings so apologies if my question has already been asked
I bought my S2 from an official Samsung store in Doha Airport (Qatar) about 5 years ago.
The problem I have is that it is stuck at Android 7 and some new apps now require Android 9.

Because my tablet has a UAE ID, the official Samsung store in Belfast wouldn't even honor the warranty when I had a problem with it when it was about a year old. (They suggested I should send it back to Qatar for repair! - I thought Samsung was a world-wide product, but apparently not)
So my question is, is there a way to upgrade to at least Android 9
Hi Rexthewolf
you could try here, Download Samsung GALAXY Tab S2 SM-T713 firmware by the looks of it there are 4 S2 Tablet Type Devices - They are - Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T815) Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T815C) Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T815N0) Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T815Y)
if you find the right information from your tablet / device and select it on the provided link, it should tell you what the last or latest firmware is, if it dosent give you the opportuity to upgrade it to Android 9, it may be that your device was superceeded by a later released tablet, although on the page from the above link i gave says you may be able to take it to take it to the most recent 8.0 firmware, you must ensure you have the correct firmware for your exact model - the only other way to go if that is the case is to consider the option that legenderi32 has suggested using a cusom ROM if it allows it.
Hope ths helps -
Good Luck (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. Mine is (SM-T815) but the solution might be beyond my capabilities. I'm afraid of making the problem worse

Looks like that tablet came with Android 5 and only officially updates to Android 7 via Samsung firmware update.

If you would like to install Android version greater than 7 then you would need to install a custom ROM on your tablet.

There are many guides / YouTube videos you can follow to do this.
Here is a website with ROM options for your tablet:

List Of All Best Custom ROM For Samsung Galaxy S2 [Updated]
I'll certainly have a look, but as I've said to slimmy46 might be beyond my capabilities.

Back