Urgent help needed please

@shivers can you clarify, how did they empty your bank account. Bank transfers from your account to other accounts? Or was it card payments?

Sounds like he sim jacked you, allowing him to bypass 2fa or installed something on your phone.

Did he send you any emails or send you to any websites links?

Least you got your money back.

You gotta keep your wits about you, we trust too many people ,too easily with our data. I know i've given out info far too easily, I need to be more careful.

Sounds like he sim jacked you, allowing him to bypass 2fa or installed something on your phone.

Did he send you any emails or send you to any websites links?

Least you got your money back.

You gotta keep your wits about you, we trust too many people ,too easily with our data. I know i've given out info far too easily, I need to be more careful.
No emails no website links. What is 2fa and is there any way to stop this happening again?

Put your cards in a

Faraday wallet. I use something similar for car keys. 🚗​

No emails no website links. What is 2fa and is there any way to stop this happening again?
2fa is 2 factor authentication, like when the bank sends you a code to authorise a transaction.

If he hi jacked your SIM, the codes would be sent to him instead of you.

Not really sure how you stop this. I guess you need to wait to see if the police give you any feedback on what happened for sure.

Police tell me it could take up to three months to sort this. Stupid when all the evidence in there to see.
It could take longer.
The police have your phone so they can do forensics on it and try to discover how it was done, also to trace bank accounts and such likes, this isn't just a matter of kicking his door in and dragging him off to the cells, it could be part of a bigger organised crime investigation, I'll wager it involves overseas banks and organisations etc

It could take longer.
The police have your phone so they can do forensics on it and try to discover how it was done, also to trace bank accounts and such likes, this isn't just a matter of kicking his door in and dragging him off to the cells, it could be part of a bigger organised crime investigation, I'll wager it involves overseas banks and organisations etc
You seem to have got it right. Police now tell me I am victim of Identity Fraud and it has gone much further and I am not allowed to discuss it further on any forum.

I would keep a close eye on your credit file, watch out for new credit applications.

I think you can add something which alerts credit providers to do extra checks.

Add a Notice of Correction password to your report​

If you’ve recently been a victim of ID fraud, or are at a high risk, then adding a notice of correction password to your report might be a good idea.

We would usually only recommend this if you’ve been a victim or suffered a house burglary or robbery where important identification documents may have been stolen.

from experian website

+ hoping all passwords have been changed in everything you view and if desktop or laptop or other in use has also been checked.
FaceBook , Instagram and others have plenty of scammers and lovely half dressed busty women wanting to be your friend.

Check everything and upgrade your passwords and any security.
I dont know whether to advise your friends of your new number as phone was lost.

+ hoping all passwords have been changed in everything you view and if desktop or laptop or other in use has also been checked.
FaceBook , Instagram and others have plenty of scammers and lovely half dressed busty women wanting to be your friend.

Check everything and upgrade your passwords and any security.
I dont know whether to advise your friends of your new number as phone was lost.
Police have taken my p.c. (T.F. I have nothing to hide) New phone and informed all contacts to renew their passwords on everything and check their bank accounts daily. Got new phone and phone account and phone number, new bank account without chip and pin. Now thinking of moving home, Scared just how far indentity theft can harm me.

Police have taken my p.c. (T.F. I have nothing to hide) New phone and informed all contacts to renew their passwords on everything and check their bank accounts daily. Got new phone and phone account and phone number, new bank account without chip and pin. Now thinking of moving home, Scared just how far indentity theft can harm me.
The police seem to be investigating it, which is positive,

These things aren't personal, just scumbags looking to make money, although it may feel personal to you.

You don't need to move home, these pricks aren't going to come anywhere near your home again, they're opportunists and cowards, they are parasitic and they're miles away looking for their next victim, they won't even remember any of their previous victims and they'd be petrified of showing up again in that area in case they got recognised, you wouldn't be the only one around there and they don't know who they have ripped off so they won't be anywhere near that area now because if someone recognised them they'd be repeatedly run over by several large vehicles, they're not scared of being caught by the police or any other authority, they're scared of being caught by their victims, the police have to follow guidelines, no one else will and they are well aware of this

Back