usb flash disk on vista

good stuff sandie, dont forget to do the bios, dont want the thing to go up in flames since you fixed it! :)

Good shot Sandie, am glad all is cool now....
have to agree with axxxo though, update the bios!
Don`t think there is a forum here for rebuilding a burnt down office or house.......:happy:

hi sandie, if you select this link first of all and follow the prompts for your serial number and such to make sure your laptop definately falls under the category for the update

Acer Product Advisory

once you download the firmware it installs just like a driver, hopefully anyway, it should on a new model like yours, otherwise you have to write it to cd and reboot and select the cd when given the option from startup.

if it installs just like a driver it should restart by itself, flash the bios, job done.

download it first of all and see what it says, any trouble just come straight back, shouldnt be any bother at all though :)

Good shot Sandie, am glad all is cool now....
have to agree with axxxo though, update the bios!
Don`t think there is a forum here for rebuilding a burnt down office or house.......:happy:

Just for furthur info and out of interest, how come the bios has to be updated? and how is that connected to the burning down of a house? lol

Credits to axxxo for finding such vital info (y), i remember my friend having an Acer Predator gamers PC and there was an issue going around that it may overheat and possible cause of a fire. Good Luck with updating the bios sandie, from one caring TK user to another: please do it as soon as possible. (y)

hi sandie, if you select this link first of all and follow the prompts for your serial number and such to make sure your laptop definately falls under the category for the update

Acer Product Advisory

once you download the firmware it installs just like a driver, hopefully anyway, it should on a new model like yours, otherwise you have to write it to cd and reboot and select the cd when given the option from startup.

if it installs just like a driver it should restart by itself, flash the bios, job done.

download it first of all and see what it says, any trouble just come straight back, shouldnt be any bother at all though :)

thx again axxxo, mine didnt need the bios update :)

Back