USB has been initialised on my box but formating error message on pc

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
Why can i not access my recordings?

It's a 64 GB Verbatim USB and it shows my recordings fine on the file list on the Zgemma h2h when its hooked up the back of my box

But when i disconnect it and insert it to my pc, it says its not recognised and needs a format. Help would be appreciated on how i can access the files without this issue.

You're expecting 2 different file systems to talk to each other. Use can FTP recordings across or use openwebif to watch.

You're expecting 2 different file systems to talk to each other. Use can FTP recordings across or use openwebif to watch.
FTP takes ages to transfer files, you sure there is no other way? :(
Especially if you have been recording cable channels in 1080i and the file is around 29 GB for 2 hour program.
It might not even successfully transfer if ya net goes off.

With the Skybox F3 this was no issue and I could easily access the files without having an error message appear when I connect it to my PC. I'm guessing it's something related to the initialization that causes the USB to stay a certain format for the drive to be only be read on the zgemma box.

If you go into network settings, install and enable Samba, reboot box and computer, then in "my devices" say on your computer you should see your Zgemma? If not, try typing box IP into file explorer/manager etc. Just a quicker way of FTPing/using openwebif basically...

Back