USB HDD connected to router

dangerous

TK Veteran
Hi All

I'm just wondering if its possible to connect my USB HDD to my router and then use this for a zgemma H2S and a Mutant 500C to save recordings on (possibly timeshift as well) instead of using two drives in the two boxes. If it can be done could someone guide me through it please. Many thanks in advance.

I'm using Openatv 5.1

As long as the USB port on the router is given an IP address (most do today I think) you will use that IP address. Have a read about your router in Google. You can always test it from your computer once plugged in. I am not sure about initialising it though. Will it need to be ext3 / 4 before being plugged in?

Failing all of that, give us your router make / model and we can at least shed some light on accessing the drive from the network.

Hi wooshman
I've got a Dlink DIR-880L.
I'm off to bed now as I'm up for work early but I'll check back here tomorrow.
Thanks for replying guys, [emoji106]

Thanks Keiron, I'll take a look tomorrow now, my bed is calling [emoji99][emoji99]

If you go into Mount Manager and mount your network drive, there should be an option to us it as a replacement drive for recordings etc.
Menu, Setup, System, Network, Mounts Setup, Mount Manager

Kieron

i still use hdd connected to boxes be it internal/external and when it gets to full move to my nas drive,have nfs running on boxes so they are seen on network and mount them.

Back