USB stick recommendation

dennigerz

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on the following.

I went to update my ford sync 3 today but ran into issues with my usb sticks.

I have some well known brands and installed the update file on them and when I tried them on the car, the car did not see them. The only one i could get to be seen by the car was an old generic usb stick, but unfortunately it's only 2gb and not big enough to hold the update.

All usb's were formatted the same, etc.

Is there any way to find out what make the generic one is exactly so that i can get same, but with higher storage?

Thank

Correct. exFAT is the format. All sticks (32gb) formated to exFAT and they don't work. The only one that works is a poxy little cheap one of 2gb, but there's not enough of space on it!!!!

I did try it and i thanked you for your advice, but it didn't solve the issue.

You didn't post that you'd tried it and it didn't work though, it would have given us a clue what to try next :wink:

If it needs to be ex-fat try Bootice again and select the ex-fat option for formatting.

You didn't post that you'd tried it and it didn't work though, it would have given us a clue what to try next :wink:

If it needs to be ex-fat try Bootice again and select the ex-fat option for formatting.
Thanks, but as already mentioned above your post, it doesn't work for some reason.

Trying formatting to fat32 according to online search some people have had joy doing it this way and not Exfat for some reason ??
It seems earlier sync systems used fat32 until Exfat was introduced ok
The process takes 20-25 mins to complete when syncing

Trying formatting to fat32 according to online search some people have had joy doing it this way and not Exfat for some reason ??
It seems earlier sync systems used fat32 until Exfat was introduced ok
The process takes 20-25 mins to complete when syncing
Yep, I've done all that, but no joy. Cannot understand how good named brands won't work, but a poxy cheap generic one does. :unsure:

So if it only likes the cheap one type in the make and see if they do a bigger size may work may not

Back