User For a Couple of Years Stuck

XRT

Hi all,

I've had a Mutant HD2400 for a couple of years now. Things go ok sometimes with it and then i feel like i'm back to square one with it. I genearally only use it for BT Sport and movies (my other main box it was meant to replace is still there after getting a decent deal for a while). The thing is i don't feel i get the most out of it. I am a bit of a geek, i build my own computers, etc but all this jargon and menus i struggle to get my head round, softcams, bouquets, abm, epg's, etc.

I haven't used the box in a while so decided to get the latest Vix image and now i'm lost, every channel is black even bbc, etc. ?Is there a nice guide that someone can point me to, so i can try and get the best out of the box before i give up altogether?

Many thanks for and hints, tips, replies, etc but be gentle lol

Coln

Hi all,

I've had a Mutant HD2400 for a couple of years now. Things go ok sometimes with it and then i feel like i'm back to square one with it. I genearally only use it for BT Sport and movies (my other main box it was meant to replace is still there after getting a decent deal for a while). The thing is i don't feel i get the most out of it. I am a bit of a geek, i build my own computers, etc but all this jargon and menus i struggle to get my head round, softcams, bouquets, abm, epg's, etc.

I haven't used the box in a while so decided to get the latest Vix image and now i'm lost, every channel is black even bbc, etc. ?Is there a nice guide that someone can point me to, so i can try and get the best out of the box before i give up altogether?

Many thanks for and hints, tips, replies, etc but be gentle lol

Coln

softcam is a piece of software that opens the 'line' - the code you get for cable or satellite
bouquet is just what it sounds like, a bouquet - a bunch, these are sports, kids, entertainment, factual etc
abm means AutoBouquetMaker - the programme that creates the bouquets for the channels
EPG is electronic programme guide - the graph that comes on screen and tells you what time Emmerdale Farm comes on

Thanks for the replies.

The usr/keys folder was completely empty so that's the main problem! Sorting just now with the relevany info and cam files.

I think it's just there's so many variables and things to do or set that gets me. The old Sky box is just switch it on a watch where as this is so much more involved and when something goes wrong you're stumped

Ok different box as like bees guide when box is connected up to tv go to plugins via menu and download plugins---go to softcams and download mgcamd 1.38 if your going to use a cws line or cccam 2.3.0 for a cline

Cheers for the help, up and running now, whew.

Only thing to sort is the channel list. It's listed by name and not number or category as it was before lol

Using just cable and ABM, not sure how it's sorted them alphabetically tbh. I'll leave it just now as it's working at least. Little things that annoy me tho when you're not sure how to fix them :)

Back