Using PC with USB wireless Internet and then sharing via LAN port.

Hi Guys,

As the title states, I'm having trouble sharing my internet connection from my PC to a ethernet device.

I have enabled network sharing in the properties but, when I connect a ethernet device it states network cable unplugged.

I'm using XP pro.

I'm not a geek or wiz at this sort of tech stuff so please be a little bit detailed.

Thanks

can you explain in more detail exactly what your problem is what are you trying to connect?? you say an ethernet device but that doesnt really help need to know what device etc so that people can try and identify your problem and help.

More details you offer easier it is for people to diagnose and help

I have pc which has a USB stick for wireless Internet access.
I want to use the LAN port which is free to connect a dreambox to share the connection without running cables or getting a Ethernet bridge.
Netgear wgr614v router and netgear wgt111 USB stick.

think you will find you need to connect an ethernet cable from the router to the dreambox But you are best asking that question in the dreambox forum as im not sure if the dreambox is working if your trying to use it to get Free tv. so rather than it be a network or internet issue its an issue with your dream box and in that forum you will have the experts that can help you and talk you thro how to connect the dreambox to LAN look here >>>>> Dreambox

hope that helps!

Last edited:
Back