Using tv as a monitor for my netbook -need sound

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Not sure if i have the correct forum for this but.

I want to use my tv as a monitor for my netbook so i can play photos & vids from holiday with sound as well as pictures.

I have a VGA cable for the video output, but cannot get sound to work. I have tried a lead from the head phones jack on both tv and netbook but to no avail.

How can i get sound from netbook to tv. the netbook only has a headphone socket VGA socket and usb sockets. TV is a HD panasonic so has most sockets on it that other tvs have but does not have an audio socket like the pcs do

any help please.

next to the vga socket you should have a nother jack socket or red and a white phono plugs input look jn manual if you have it

Last edited:
next to the vga socket you should have a nother jack socket or red and a white phono plugs input look jn manual if you have it
yes i have on the tv but NOT on the netbook - thats the problem no other sockets on the netbook to pluga lead into other than the headphone one

Krazydude thanks ill look up that link - thanks that was really useful as i was putting phone lead into wrong socket on the tv will try that

Last edited:
If you have no connection next to the pc input on the tv and no hdmi on the netbook then the option your left with is to put up with the sound coming from the netbook and if that's not good enough, get a decent set of speakers for the netbook :) have you an Xbox you could use to stream from the netbook to the tv? Why not use some software to burn a CD/DVD to watch from a player?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Axxxo lol there is far to much ive got around 32gb of vids and pix. also ive looked on back of both tvs n not got the connection needs as far as i can see - see pic panny tv.jpg netbook is a pile of pants!! but does the job i usually want it for.

ive got a nexbox but have no idea how to stream and wifi is not very good in that room

You may need one of these,

Your netbook should output sound through the jack plug (say to a pair of headphones)

But so will your TV. So you have got two output devices wired together.

This is a jack (output) to audio in (TV)

$T2eC16NHJHIFFhj!1jKCBSINRgS+Cg~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
use the head phone socket on the net book to connect jack plug to netbook then either the phono input audio or jack plug socket on tele if u can see it it does work if vga must be audio input on there

Gave up in the end and used speakers as could not find corrct socket on tv Damn thing to heavy n big to turn around and see behind it Bees i have no sockets for those on netbook only usb & ethernet & headphone socket, sorry just looked at 2nd lead will havevto look for 1 of those for future x

Last edited:
Back