USYK MANDATORY FOR AJ VS RUIZ WINNER

bazcfc1

VIP Member
The WBO has named Oleksandr Usyk as the mandatory challenger for the winner of Anthony Joshua's heavyweight-title rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr.

Usyk has been given priority over Dillian Whyte, with the WBO pointing to the Ukrainian's "exceptional amateur career" and "unblemished professional record" (16-0), which saw him become undisputed champion at cruiserweight.

Ruiz stunned Joshua earlier this month to take his WBO, IBF and WBA belts, and the pair are set to meet again in November or December at an as-yet-unspecified location.

Dillian Whyte had hoped to secure a bout with the winner of the Joshua-Ruiz rematch

Dillian Whyte had hoped to secure a bout with the winner of the Joshua-Ruiz rematch
The WBO said in its official ruling: "The foregoing accomplishments of Mr Usyk awarded him WBO Super Champion status recognition whereby he's entitled to certain rights and privileges, including mandatory challenger designation in an immediate higher or lower weight division."

Usyk unified all four belts in the cruiserweight division by defeating Murat Gassiev in July 2018 and went on to defend them against Tony Bellew four months later.

However, the Ukrainian was forced to pull out of his scheduled heavyweight debut against Carlos Takam in May due to injury.

skysports-anthony-joshua-boxing_4685484.jpg
0:49

'AJ-Ruiz rematch finalised by next week'
Eddie Hearn gives us an update on where and when the Anthony Joshua-Andy Ruiz Jr rematch will be.

Eddie Hearn gives us an update on where and when the Anthony Joshua-Andy Ruiz Jr rematch will be
Whyte (25-1) has won nine consecutive bouts since losing to Joshua in 2015, but his commitment to fight Oscar Rivas in London in July was held against him in the ruling, as he was deemed unavailable to fulfil the mandatory position.

I’ll edit that just seen last bit I bet he’s guttted he’s fighting in July and Unavailable
That man must be gutted inside, can’t wait till he actually fights one of the top ranks!
But I take nothing away from usyk as he deserves it.

Depends if he can live upto the expectations as a heavyweight but we seen for our selfs anything can happen in that is division

Either in. U.S or UK November U.S and December U.K madsion Square Gardens or principality stadium in Cardiff can't do Wembley as not enough cover on roof

Back