Usyk vs Dubois

Was never in a million year's a Low blow 😤😤😤 he knew exactly what he was doing sinking to the canvas claiming a low blow. During the fight at no point from the footage i have seen can you see his naval until the fight was eventually stopped.
Its been well documented he cant take a body punch from a true heavy weight he's still only got the frame of a cruiser weight.
Good old VAR was needed to come to a fair decision and Lets hope he get's a rematch.
Usyk is a class boxer dont get me wrong, he's light on his feet and can change the throwing angle of a punch in a split second just like prince Naz used to do only not as fast and rediculous 😀😀😀😀😀

Completely agree mate! He knew what he was doing, did the same thing with AJ and guess what? Same REF!

I've always been a Usyk fan, he's very technical and has way for feeling our opponents but he should have been out of the count. This has now put me off Usyk, can see clearly his belt is above and in no way is it low.

I think it's part of the reason Dubois gave up, he could have definetly stood back up after he was down, but I think in his mind he thought what's the point - could have also tried to take Usyk out when Usyk was back up on his feet though...

But for Dubois to be so young still, he's definitely going to come back stronger.

100% agree with VAR for boxing, especially when calls like this happen - just hope it doesn't go the way of the prem...

Dubois definitely robbed though. Feel for the lad, imagine training that hard to get it ripped from you

Not watched the video fully, so running off limited info from what froch says... but IMO the belt was above his naval, so anything on that belt is legal as it's in parallel with his naval.

https://talksport.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2023/08/F4fdelFWEAA-D_o.jpg

Definitely a good talking point and discussion, there is no refuting that once Dubois took the knee, he should have got up but didn't have the minerals to carry on. In that regard, Usyk deserved to win.

I still say it's a legal shot though! But then again, I'm not a professional boxer!

Not watched the video fully, so running off limited info from what froch says... but IMO the belt was above his naval, so anything on that belt is legal as it's in parallel with his naval.

https://talksport.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2023/08/F4fdelFWEAA-D_o.jpg

Definitely a good talking point and discussion, there is no refuting that once Dubois took the knee, he should have got up but didn't have the minerals to carry on. In that regard, Usyk deserved to win.

I still say it's a legal shot though! But then again, I'm not a professional boxer!
Perhaps borderline! But the whole of the glove hit on the shorts and I know some ride up but the line is normally the top of the shorts,.and I'm sure I heard the ref say that when starting the fight!
Imo low blow!

One of the better analysis, I can see both sides - I still personally find the belt was placed in an area which would counteract the low blow/hit the protector based on the area it was covering. Now we dont know what was said between both fighters before the fight, he may or may not have said that was a legal area - so long story short, none of us know but we all have our own wild opinions aye! The joys of boxing

Perhaps borderline! But the whole of the glove hit on the shorts and I know some ride up but the line is normally the top of the shorts,.and I'm sure I heard the ref say that when starting the fight!
Imo low blow!

I never heard them mention it at the start, definetly need VAR to draw the lines on there...:LOL:

Attachments

• VAR.png
    VAR.png
    665.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 7xb9pv.jpg
    7xb9pv.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 7
The shot was legal
I have Eurosport, GO3 Sport and TNT Sports Box Office copies.
Give Usyk an Oscar for acting.
Ref was dodgy, that's why he was chosen.
Usyk = Glass Belly.

Cue the Matchroom fanboy girl agents speaking up about this - Tony Bellew (Bigger Bellend) Carl Froch (Bellend) plus a dozen or so Youtubers - Ed talking b****k's now.

The shot was legal
I have Eurosport, GO3 Sport and TNT Sports Box Office copies.
Give Usyk an Oscar for acting.
Ref was dodgy, that's why he was chosen.
Usyk = Glass Belly.

Cue the Matchroom fanboy girl agents speaking up about this - Tony Bellew (Bigger Bellend) Carl Froch (Bellend) plus a dozen or so Youtubers - Ed talking b****k's now.
Don't agree but you are entitled to an opinion! Dubois was a Pussy and didn't deserve to win anything , he didn't want to fight

To the OP. It was definitely borderline low blow so I can see why it was given. But in real-time I thought it wasn't a low blow.
In the end Usyk deserved the win. Dubois didn't do much during the match apart from that naval shot.

Was it wasn’t it what we have to think of that part of the glove could’ve hit him in the balls so some refs would call it a low blow and some would say it was a knock down.
Tbh dubious was gassed out early on and personally should never have been mandatory imo has he hasn’t really fought anyone with a creditable record

I do think the punch from Dubois wasn't a low blow apart from that Usyk was the winner but I didn't see anything special from either fighter.

Even the winning KO wasn't much of a KO Dubois got up without issues from similar shots so I think he was tired and gave up.

I didn't think the fight would go so far tbh as someone in Usyk position should have been able to end that faster. (Although I won a nice bet from it 😝)

Doubtful as an excuse is always found to avoid it I hope Fury KO'S Usyk in an early round to teach him a lesson if it does happen.

Just to point out....People are using the term low blow. The actual question should be if the punch was legal or illegal.

Just to point out....People are using the term low blow. The actual question should be if the punch was legal or illegal.
I think at the time it was questionable but not illegal so how do we go from there? A VAR as some are asking for (unless quick timing for a decision) would just waste time and even then if var declares a blow legal the fighter has had recovery time to get out of a count.

Var in this case would only benefit deducting points that didn't happen. Looking back through the camera still would have wasted time to give Usyk time to recover a countdown

Unless it's regulated with specific rules to use it VAR could be used to waste time and save energy similar to hugging.

Last edited:
Illegal blow all day long! If it was legal I doubt whether Usyk would have been on his feet, giving Dubois a boxing lesson.
Not sure about Fury fight! It wasn't Usyk pulling out of last schedule

Back