V8 Golden , Many Thanks , Sat / Cable Gurus

snarf

Long time lurker , just wanting to say thanks.

Got my V8 Golden up and running , after reading and changing the old splitter and new cables

i get around 382 channels using the Engineers frequency - 619000 , 6952 , Qam 256 -
and around 80% signal quality

Should i get more channels ? and does anyone know the correct frequency for VM in the Ayrshire - Scotland area

Sorry to tag along the question - but can someone advice where to check the right frequency? I am looking for Harrow...

Long time lurker , just wanting to say thanks.

Got my V8 Golden up and running , after reading and changing the old splitter and new cables

i get around 382 channels using the Engineers frequency - 619000 , 6952 , Qam 256 -
and around 80% signal quality

Should i get more channels ? and does anyone know the correct frequency for VM in the Ayrshire - Scotland area

Secondary note - does this box have any EPG? Can you post a video of that as I am curious. Also what firmware and skin have you got?

Secondary note - does this box have any EPG? Can you post a video of that as I am curious. Also what firmware and skin have you got?

yeah its got a working 2 Day EPG ,it shows 7 but the boxes are blank.
no skin just the way it came , latest fireware , just out july 2017
the EPG is basic , but works fine - you get the same day EPG Perfect.
channels are pretty much everywhere when bored ill sort em out manually.
but for £50 + £8 for new cables and splitter no complaints here (Y)

ill do another vid tomorow of that

yeah its got a working 2 Day EPG ,it shows 7 but the boxes are blank.
no skin just the way it came , latest fireware , just out july 2017
the EPG is basic , but works fine - you get the same day EPG Perfect.
channels are pretty much everywhere when bored ill sort em out manually.
but for £50 + £8 for new cables and splitter no complaints here (Y)

ill do another vid tomorow of that

Thanks I'll wait on that. I saw these going on eB*y for £40 today all inc (don't need splitter)

Sadly no official channel list out yet and epg aint the best on cable side i just sorted all channels into groups and added to favourites etc i was in same situation with area frequency wouldnt work on my area settings so had to use 619.000 etc and found all the channels but great little box for the money nothing fancy but does the job and would recommend not buying off fleabay because there as so many clone boxes around now and some have been found to be dangerous and a fire hazard etc

Back