V8s problem - E001

tysa

Hi Folks,

I've been out of the game a while.

I've managed to update the firmware but there is an error on the box that reads E001.

I've tried to find and download the new firmware from Openbox and another site, I forget which one and it just comes up with a dead link.

Is there anyway that it can be updated or am I better off just getting rid of the box.

Thanks

I'll will work using solovox's firmware. However, you will see a no auth overlay on your screen at all times as this firmware requires activation. I have the same issue because I've got a clone and I cant find a firmware that will work with it.

not even worth the effect messing about with an openboc v8s these days lol

Incorrect mate the v8 box was a great box in its day, and still works today for people on low budgets with a lot more channels than free view.

So If I was you I would have a rethink of your incorrect post :smiley::LOL::ROFLMAO:

lol still works today?
it is known to lock up during channel changes during iptv and only a special firmware update solves

it was a basic box back in the day and even more basic these days.

u can make most things work with a bit of patience.. the question is how well do they work and is it worth the effort

Some peeps just use the v8 box for Sky and i works fine for that
If you try to add iptv you will have problems
Chill out mate your the Guru :ROFLMAO:

lmao @ v8s working fine for sky

depends on ur definition of fine and interpretation of the word .but alas i wont labour the point. dont have all night to bang the same point home.

glad u agree it is rubbish at iptv. an honour to have such an esteemed member agreeing with me.

lol still works today?
it is known to lock up during channel changes during iptv and only a special firmware update solves

it was a basic box back in the day and even more basic these days.

u can make most things work with a bit of patience.. the question is how well do they work and is it worth the effort
A lot of people watch the same half dozen channels and nothing else.
If those channels are working on the device they have, there's no point buying a box that can receive 3000 other channels they don't want to watch

A lot of people watch the same half dozen channels and nothing else.
If those channels are working on the device they have, there's no point buying a box that can receive 3000 other channels they don't want to watch

ofcourse. but depends on user and their requirements like most things. as always u can make do with something naff.. and it will be functional but not the best tool for the job.

ofcourse. but depends on user and their requirements like most things. as always u can make do with something naff.. and it will be functional but not the best tool for the job.
No it might not be best tool for the job.
Coronation Street on an old box worth a tenner is very similar to Coronation Street on a £300 box.
Coffee stirred with a gold spoon tastes exactly the same as coffee stirred with a plastic spoon

Back