Vauxhall insignia problems and advice

trickpaul

Hi

I'm looking at upgrading my car to something like a Vauxhall insignia, but having spent a lot of money on my previous car on "Common" faults with fords, does anyone have/had an insignia and what issues problems did you have, anything common to look out for or things that need sorting in the future?

Don't want anything fancy for a car just something that is not going to burn me like a hot exhaust lol

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

I still really like my 12 plate. Only just turned 40k on the clock. Like the design still. Not dated. Just had wear and tear bills really. Not great in the bad weather though the wife keeps minding me lol

Bangord why dont you impress the wife and ask dangerous for a loan of the Ferrari:)
Aye lol, he can't drive!!
8f64e3443360a341fb979c3a66ac3549.jpg

I still really like my 12 plate. Only just turned 40k on the clock. Like the design still. Not dated. Just had wear and tear bills really. Not great in the bad weather though the wife keeps minding me lol
How many miles are you getting out of the tyres?

Usually every MOT one needs changed but they're large low profile ones/alloys. Not my choice. My wife uses it on bad country roads to work which doesn't help.

So about 10000 miles a tyre then? I was pricing some up and they are nearly double others. Is it thirsty or good on fuel?

There's a few forums about. And cause I've lost a fortune you'll pick one up cheap lol. Depreciation biggest problem with any Vauxhall our Ford really but we know that I suppose

Last edited:
There's a few forums about. And cause I've lost a fortune you'll pick one up cheap lol. Depreciation biggest problem with any Vauxhall oumr Ford really but we know that I suppose
I wouldnt be able to afford one if they held their price, lol

Probably go for a hatchback as I need a towbar on it and the estate version is 100 pounds more for the towbar???

245/40r18 tyres will see you about 10-12k miles per a year on the sri and elite models. lower spec the tyres last longer on the 225/55r17 models. depends what you want a petrol or diesel they both have there ups and downs very nice cars to drive in my mind. im a master tech for vauxhall so i have worked on these alot

depending what year insignia you buy, if its a 13plate on wards facelift there 6yrs or 100k on the 2.0 b20dth 2.0 a20dth earlier engine is 10yr/100k 1.8petrol a18xer as above is 100k/10yr

Back