Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

For those using stbeditor and managing to create a channel list has anyone managed to load a multisat list then edit it and then save it. I've had a play around with the viark list and it does not matter what i do or which editor i try it crashes. Using that stbeditor 1.7.4 when i try and load a full multisat list it just appears blank and then it wipes the data out of your file. I would be interested to see if a v8 list loads into the editor?
V8 list loads, as above, I can load a list with 5 sats in it, but that's about it.

Another list with 8 sats crashes it.

Don't know if it's file size, or transponders, or channels that are too much for it.

V8 list loads, as above, I can load a list with 5 sats in it, but that's about it.

Another list with 8 sats crashes it.

Don't know if it's file size, or transponders, or channels that are too much for it.
The closest i have managed to get to is by saving my full list but using the sat button and saving instead of the epg button. then using the qviart editor from there site. It loads the full list without corrupting the files and i can even move the files across into favourites but when i go to save it it shows as saved but when i upload it back into the viark it just not edited. I've spent ages trying this with loads of different editors.

I think this is another editor if anyone wants to try their v8 list.

Attachments

• qviart_editor_1.07_mayo-20181 (1).rar
    842.1 KB · Views: 30
Ok this is my list.

28.2E in order (thx to hedges2016 for the base), all uk channels added to favs and channels renamed correctly (removed abbreviations)
13E (some channels added to favs)
19.2E (some channels added to favs)
16E
9E

This is the max that I can add and still get the list to open in STB Channel Editor.

Viark Sat 4K allows 26 favourite categories, but V8 UHD only see's the first 8, therefore I have moved the categories around a little so the 8 most useful are displayed first.

If anyone updates the list, then please post your changes, maybe if everyone add's a little we can quickly get an organised 53w - 45e multisat list.

Just remember if you scan any of the sats already included, then do not use the remove current channels/tp option otherwise it will wipe the currently added channels, also do not reorganise the list by setting to alphabetical (or similar) as it will reorder the channels for all sats.

EDIT: Forgot to say if you do use this list, you will need to reset your lnb / usals settings as mine will be different.

Attachments

• 28.2E-13E-19.2E-16E-9E.rar
    147.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Thanks everyone for all your hard work and efforts making these. :smiley:

Sorry to be dumb but I haven't loaded a channel list before so how do I get this onto my Sat 4k? I've got a brand new unformatted USB flash drive. It's coming up as 'USB not ready' on my Viark but when I went to channels/user channel list there was an option to 'load user data' which I tried but it obviously didn't work quite as intended and wiped everything only installing a list for 19.2e instead.

Am I right assuming the downloaded file on the USB flash drive will simply show up in the channels/user channel list section once the storage device has been correctly formatted?

Okay a very productive day finally got my butty onboard. Sending a box up to Mr willo to play about with he is retired now with free time. I have asked him to do our channel lists for us guys he loves playing with this stuff (y)

He is like ed China to enigma 2 what ed is to wheeler dealers :sneaky::love::love::love::love::love::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)(y)(y)
It good news some of you ITPV devotee's have come over to the bright side for some quality viewing :unsure: :LOL:

Thanks everyone for all your hard work and efforts making these. :smiley:

Sorry to be dumb but I haven't loaded a channel list before so how do I get this onto my Sat 4k? I've got a brand new unformatted USB flash drive. It's coming up as 'USB not ready' on my Viark but when I went to channels/user channel list there was an option to 'load user data' which I tried but it obviously didn't work quite as intended and wiped everything only installing a list for 19.2e instead.

Am I right assuming the downloaded file on the USB flash drive will simply show up in the channels/user channel list section once the storage device has been correctly formatted?
Transfer the list to you usb stick and pop it in the Viark

Then on your remote

Menu-Net & Games-USB . Select the list and press ok.

As mentioned earlier in the thread there is another editor the solobox editor. If anyone wants a play here it is. The user name and password are in the sn.txt. I've had a quick go at work and it does not seem to load the file for me but anyone else wants to try here you go.

Attachments

• DBTool.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 13
Does GTMedia V8 UHD works as smooth & stable as Viark sat 4K ??
What is the waiting time between switching SKY channels ?? 2-3 seconds or more ??
Need another forever box for my bedroom 😁

Does GTMedia V8 UHD works as smooth & stable as Viark sat 4K ??
What is the waiting time between switching SKY channels ?? 2-3 seconds or more ??
Need another forever box for my bedroom 😁
I've got the Viark 4K Sat, Viark DRS2 and GTMedia V8UHD here and I would say the GTMedia performs just as well as the Viark 4K Sat.

Zap time is nice and quick I would say less than 3 seconds for the most part (during which time it shows the 'buffering' msg.

I can cap a video from all 3 if you'd like?

I've got the Viark 4K Sat, Viark DRS2 and GTMedia V8UHD here and I would say the GTMedia performs just as well as the Viark 4K Sat.

Zap time is nice and quick I would say less than 3 seconds for the most part (during which time it shows the 'buffering' msg.

I can cap a video from all 3 if you'd like?
That would be great 😁😁
Thanks for your help mate

Could someone please tell me how to factory reset my sat4k as its playing up. It shows channels in yellow but says scramble but if you disconnect the ethernet cable the channel clears for a few seconds then stops

Back