Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Menu-Net&Games-USB then press sat key then 1113 on your remote.

@Ferret.

I just tried to copy my GTmedia channel list to Viark but does not seems to be working. By following above instructions, a sdx file is generated by size is very small around 62kb and when I update that in Viark it does not work and no channels were imported.

I have three satellites scanned in GT Media 28, 23 and 13 so was expected a bigger file size. Am I doing some thing wrong ?

@Ferret.

I just tried to copy my GTmedia channel list to Viark but does not seems to be working. By following above instructions, a sdx file is generated by size is very small around 62kb and when I update that in Viark it does not work and no channels were imported.

I have three satellites scanned in GT Media 28, 23 and 13 so was expected a bigger file size. Am I doing some thing wrong ?
Didn't think you could save a channel list that way on a v8 uhd but anyway I and a few others have had to factory reset our sat 4k's after using channel lists from the v8's.

Didn't think you could save a channel list that way on a v8 uhd but anyway I and a few others have had to factory reset our sat 4k's after using channel lists from the v8's.

It will be handy as channel list currently available is too detailed because of extra Fav groups. I like GT media's 8 or 9 group option as most of the groups on 4k list are not of any interest anyway.

They both save as .sdx files but as far as I know there are a a few different types of sdx files. It worked on mine initially but after a while the viark started playing up.

You can use channel lists from either Viark or GTmedia on the other there are some minior issues, mainly the favourite are not categorized correctly.And in my case the motor didnt work as expected.

There are a few different ways to back up lists but i dont have a V8 so i can not say whats gone wrong for you.

When i transferred a V8 list to my Viark it set off my OCD and i re flashed wont try again.

@Ferret.

Don't do the sat and 1113 if you want to use the v8 list on the viark or vice versa.

Just go to usb and save the list.

Don't do the sat and 1113 if you want to use the v8 list on the viark or vice versa.

Just go to usb and save the list.

Sorry did not get it. So to export gtmedia existing list on usb (which is initially based on your sky UK full list), I am going in USB and pressing Sat + 1113 which is producing a sdx file . I can't see any option to export list in USB ? Thx

Sorry did not get it. So to export gtmedia existing list on usb (which is initially based on your sky UK full list), I am going in USB and pressing Sat + 1113 which is producing a sdx file . I can't see any option to export list in USB ? Thx
As I said, DO NOT press sat +1113, just go into usb and press yellow to upload channels to usb it will produce a full size .sdx file then, that will work on the v8 and the viark sat 4k, sat and combo boxes.

I just uploaded my Viark channel list to a usb stick
Any idea how to dowload it to a V8 ??
Should I use "UPGRADE BY USB" option on my V8 ??

My Viark 4K Sat seems to have developed a bit of a stutter when watching channels. Not glitching on encrypted channels type thing, but a micro-stutter. Doesn't matter if it's Sport or BBC1 type stuff - kind of as if the refresh rate is wrong. I've tried going into settings/OSD and playing with the frame rates inside but nothing improves it. I've even tried factory reset but that didn't help. Has anyone else faced anything similar before? (Switching HDMI cables/inputs didn't help).

My Viark 4K Sat seems to have developed a bit of a stutter when watching channels. Not glitching on encrypted channels type thing, but a micro-stutter. Doesn't matter if it's Sport or BBC1 type stuff - kind of as if the refresh rate is wrong. I've tried going into settings/OSD and playing with the frame rates inside but nothing improves it. I've even tried factory reset but that didn't help. Has anyone else faced anything similar before? (Switching HDMI cables/inputs didn't help).
I'm not sure this will help but do you have the chmax option turned on with the picons etc. It could be filling up your memory on the box and may cause issues. Its just something to try.

I'm not sure this will help but do you have the chmax option turned on with the picons etc. It could be filling up your memory on the box and may cause issues. Its just something to try.
Mine went a bit wonky when it had a huge channel list and as said turning CHMAx off and reducing the amount of satellites sorted it out.

Did you reload the channel list after the factory reset or just a new search?

On my TV it always seemed best having the box at 1080i 50 and letting the TV do the deinterlacing.

Mine went a bit wonky when it had a huge channel list and as said turning CHMAx off and reducing the amount of satellites sorted it out.

Did you reload the channel list after the factory reset or just a new search?

On my TV it always seemed best having the box at 1080i 50 and letting the TV do the deinterlacing.
I'll need to check what the CHMax is set at. I did turn off stuff inside there when my dish started moving on its own, but I've done multiple factory resets since then. I've reloaded the normal channel list that I keep on there that hasn't previously caused me an issue, but I might try another reset, then testing channels before loading a channel list on. Thanks for the ideas.

So having switched to 1080i (which I am pretty sure I had already tried) and turning off CHMax inside that menu, it seems to have solved my stuttering issue.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

Can anyone now explain exactly what CHMax is? I turned off an auto setting in there once before because it seemed to be scanning satellites/channels and moving my dish on its own, but never really understood what CHMax is all about.

Back