Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

I've just set up my Viark Sat 4k on my sky dish. I will be changing to an 80cm motorised over the coming weekend to pick up 19.2 and 13e. In preparation I have updated to the latest 1.16 software and updated the serial/verification number on line. I thought this would clear some of the premium channels on 28.2, however, they are all showing as scrambled? Are the premium channels only on 19.2 and 13e? Cheers

I've just set up my Viark Sat 4k on my sky dish. I will be changing to an 80cm motorised over the coming weekend to pick up 19.2 and 13e. In preparation I have updated to the latest 1.16 software and updated the serial/verification number on line. I thought this would clear some of the premium channels on 28.2, however, they are all showing as scrambled? Are the premium channels only on 19.2 and 13e? Cheers
No all the premium channels on 28.2 are open just like 19.2 and 13e. Turn your box off and back on.

Been helping a mate with his over the weekend he was hard wired changed to wifi and fixed issue.

No all the premium channels on 28.2 are open just like 19.2 and 13e. Turn your box off and back on.
Thanks for the quick reply and the guide, appreciated. Still showing as scrambled. In the server settings I've noticed it says disconnected and I'm on ethernet. I'll try wifi and see if that fixes. Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply and the guide, appreciated. Still showing as scrambled. In the server settings I've noticed it says disconnected and I'm on ethernet. I'll try wifi and see if that fixes. Cheers
I'm using ethernet shouldn't make any difference.
Check in menu-Net & Games that it says "PT Connected" (if "Disconnected" Press OK & Exit)
If still not connected reboot the receiver/router

I'm using ethernet shouldn't make any difference.
Check in menu-Net & Games that it says "PT Connected" (if "Disconnected" Press OK & Exit)
If still not connected reboot the receiver/router
Thanks Manic01, that did the trick, PT was disconnected. Thanks also to Kegnkiwi for the guide and if any of you has a link to a channel list that would be great. Cheers

I am having the same issue.
PT showing as connected. I have tried wired and wireless and 28e still not working.

I can open the Canal channels on 19e but not S*Y.
Any advice wellcome

BTW, I ran all the steps on the downloaded PDF to set up my system, I have a motorised dish and performed a blind scan, FTA and non S*Y channels open on 16e,19e and 28e

I am having the same issue.
PT showing as connected. I have tried wired and wireless and 28e still not working.

I can open the Canal channels on 19e but not S*Y.
Any advice wellcome
I noticed when I removed the power lead from the Viark it did a full re-boot. When I just switched off the Viark with the remote it didn't. Not sure it will help as PT disconnected was the issue for me.

BTW, I ran all the steps on the downloaded PDF to set up my system, I have a motorised dish and performed a blind scan, FTA and non S*Y channels open on 16e,19e and 28e
What did the SP conversion report when you entered it in your browser and hit enter ? It sound like you didnt convert properly as other channels clear.

Do this step again.

You do have to reboot after for it to kick in.

Last edited:
What did the SP conversion report when you entered it in your browser and hit enter ? It sound like you didnt convert properly as other channels clear.

Do this step again.

You do have to reboot after for it to kick in.
This is what i got when i re-ran "This SN has been actived more than 6 months and can not change"

I removed the power button for 30 seconds to restart

Last edited:
On the screen I get an Information box that says "scramble channel [12 digit box serial number]"
Right go back a bit.

Is this a new box ? If not you may have to buy a SP code.

If it is new did you vist the reset site and enter your sn=YOURSN&verification=YOURVERIFICATION ?

This is what i got when i re-ran "This SN has been actived more than 6 months and can not change"

I removed the power button for 30 seconds to restart
i may be wrong but i think you only have 6 months to get the upgrade to sp1 im sure ive read this somewhere. you might have to buy sp1 im sure someone on here will know

Back