Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Are you 100% sure you are running the correct and most recent firmware for your box ? If so have you tried a factory reset then reflashed again?

Those with 28e missing are you using Android boxes?
I have only 1 chanel working yesterday and this morning Sony TV HD which is an Asian channel. All other highlighted ones does are not clearing. I have latest version 1.05 of Sat 4k.

Will try to reflash and factory reset again to see if that makes any difference.

These boxes use different servers apparently.

The sat / combo use the standard server
The 4K boxes (sat4k and drs2 / droi)) use the pro server.

There is also a basic (SE) server but I don't know which boxes use that one.

The DRS (not drs2) and lil uses a different server completely (the same one that most Starsat boxes use).

So that might explain why not all channels are working on all boxes.

Last edited:
These boxes use different servers apparently.

The lil uses the basic server
The sat / combo use the standard server
The 4K boxes (sat4k and drs2 / droi)) use the pro server.

The DRS (not drs2) uses a different server completely.

So that might explain why not all channels are working on all boxes.
I may be wrong, but from what I’ve seen elsewhere the lil and drs both use the same server. Which is the same server as some of the startsat boxes. A couple of the users on here have starsats but haven’t reported issues yet.

but I think at least the drs is on the same server as some starsats

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but from what I’ve seen elsewhere the lil and drs both use the same server. Which is the same server as some of the startsat boxes. A couple of the users on here have starsats but haven’t reported issues yet.

but I think at least the drs is on the same server as some starsats

Hmm you might be right (i can't remember for sure now) but I did think the lil was using the basic "SE" server, however you are correct the DRS is using the same server as most of the Starsat boxes use.

Hmm you might be right (i can't remember for sure now) but I did think the lil was using the basic "SE" server, however you are correct the DRS is using the same server as most of the Starsat boxes use.
I think the se version of the server is often referred to as a different name altogether (don't know why) and I don't think they ever had 28.2 on there

We could both be right, and the LIL uses SE/Basic version of the server used by the drs/starsats

But it's all chinese whispers, a new server name will probably pop up soon

I think the se version of the server is often referred to as a different name altogether (don't know why) and I don't think they ever had 28.2 on there

We could both be right, and the LIL uses SE/Basic version of the server used by the drs/starsats

I just looked it up again, you are correct the lil uses the same server as the drs/starsats.

I have edited my previous post to avoid giving duff info.

Just for the record they had 28.2 working up until last Friday so something has changed since. Appears to be since updated on other Viark receivers

Everytime I have tried my Viark 4K since installing v1.05 and disabling the server for the softcams it has always cleared the two channels that I need it for, UK Sky Sports F1 HD and BT Sports 2 HD, after getting the brief message "Buffering, please wait" but I have only had them on for a few minutes each as I will not be wanting to watch anything from them until Saturday and Sunday.

Try downgrading to an older version of firmware, see if that helps
Hi I downloaded 1.02 and sadly it was the same problem. It clearly is a server issue for 28.2 as previously advised all other sats are clearing all OK. But worth a try !

You mean Arabic whispers??

When you said buffering is this with cable lan and not wifi?

Did you try rebooting the router as i think someone mentioned that?

Everytime I have tried my Viark 4K since installing v1.05 and disabling the server for the softcams it has always cleared the two channels that I need it for, UK Sky Sports F1 HD and BT Sports 2 HD, after getting the brief message "Buffering, please wait" but I have only had them on for a few minutes each as I will not be wanting to watch anything from them until Saturday and Sunday.
if its buffering,
then that is IPTV and nothing to do with sat clearing
so your softcams are irrelevant

whenever you turn the box on/change the channel etc, and these boxes are trying to make a connection to the server to clear the channel, it displays “buffering”. Ideally should saying something like connecting etc.

they probably used Google translate to make the English gui

It uses a 3 second timeshift delay
so how does that work?
CS decodes on the fly, its at the same rate of transmission as the sat, so it cant have a delay,
or are you saying that the receiver has the capability of buffering the sat signal for 3 seconds.?

Back