Video on demand on Smart TV app

CDizzle

This had been working for me but lately when i go to play something from the video on demand on my Samsung smart tv it stops after about 13/14 seconds of play. Skipping forward a bit in the movie sees it start again, but also only for 13/14 seconds (yes i timed it, i'm that sad).

Is there anything i can do to fix this? I don't think it's anything to do with the provider, as playing it on a magbox in a different room works fine.

This had been working for me but lately when i go to play something from the video on demand on my Samsung smart tv it stops after about 13/14 seconds of play. Skipping forward a bit in the movie sees it start again, but also only for 13/14 seconds (yes i timed it, i'm that sad).

Is there anything i can do to fix this? I don't think it's anything to do with the provider, as playing it on a magbox in a different room works fine.
I have 2 Samsung Smarts, a new one and one a few years old. The new one is great with the Siptv app never a problem. The older one occasionally crashes or will not play streams which are perfect on the new tv. I contacted Siptv explained the problems I was having with some streams and my assumption that the older sets have problems with some codecs. They didn't outright admit that was the issue but to quote them they said, 'it's something like that,' they also offered me my money back. Just to clarify my older tv has a serial number that they say is ok with the app. The other symptom on the older set is the Smart Hub wants to update all the time. I also noticed when you watch the test channels with the app on the new tv every channel was spot on whereas on the older tv a couple wouldn't load hence me suspecting a codec problem. Sorry it's not a solution but perhaps an explanation, and I have a Magbox now on the older tv now.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Back