Video timer not working in Playback

Batman679

Hi there. having trouble with xbmc/kodi in video playback. the on screen timer stays at zero throughout the playback. Yhis doesn't seem like much but it makes it impossible to fast forward or rewind as the player has no reference. I am using xbmc/kodi on android on a mx box. any ideas?

Are you using confluence skin or a different one and have you recently installed or done something differently since the problem occurred?

I'm using confluence, I did a fresh start as the box got too screwed up to fix, it hasn't worked since then.

That's a strange one alright, is playback like this in every video addon?

have you got xunity installed

Yeah the fusion installer, when you did a fresh reinstall did you clear the cache and data before deleting kodi from the box.
And are you on helix 14.0?

Yeah, cleared all the data first, running Gotham 13.1 as I had audio/video sync issues I couldn't work around on 13.2 and newer.

I'm running kodi 14.0 on the same dual core box with no issues.
I would remove xbmc completely and reboot the box ( little button inside the av inlet at the back of the box) unplug power cable then press a paper clip inside the av inlet, plug power back in and hold the botton in for 10 seconds until it reboots.

Then install kodi 14.0 from the official site , install infusion then run setup wizard.

Next install xunitytalk repo, if you still have issues open programs and look for xunity maintenance, in there you will find some fixes for kodi.

Let me know how it goes

We'll I remove it completely and rebooted the box, installed the latest software and still one timer, so I changed the skin to aeon box and all is good, can't see why the skin fixed it , but hey it worked.

That is really strange even after a fresh install with new software, sometimes my popup keyboard disappears with different skins.
Glad you got it sorted anyhow;)

Back