Viewing EPG online (?)

lemur21

I haven't found anything yet --- hence my ask.

Since I can scroll though a website *much* faster than I can scroll through a TV app, Is there any way to take an existing epg and view that data on a website (like a site like tvguide or zap2it or titantv would do?) -- I'm not interested in *watching* through that site; just viewing the epg.

Does such a thing exist? Prior to me using iptv, I had a Tivo, for example ... and although both Tivo and my cable company had channel guides; I liked the robust features of TitanTV -- and that's similar to what I want to do now, as well.

All that is is a TV guide from Sky's website, that is what it sounded like you were asking for.
Can you import that epg elsewhere ~ no.

Explain what you're trying to achieve, and we'll better be able to help you out.

Sure ...

I have an epg already. I use an iptv service.

However, much like before (when I used Tivo and Cable) - I still found it advantageous to use an online browser for my TV guide (I used TitanTV). I'm just much faster scrolling through lines with a mouse and keyboard than I am with a TV remote.

So, basically, I have an epg file (and URL) and I'd like to import that to a program (preferably web-based) so I can view the epg (as compared to using the guide with my iptv player).

I'm not looking for a player (although, if the solution includes an iptv player, so be it -- I'll probably never use it; but it's not as though I'm opposed to a player).

Effectively, again, I'm trying to replicate something like TitanTv only with my own epg.

That's as clear as mud, you search through the EPG on a pc then put the channel on the TV that you want to watch?

Are you using a TV to view IPTV?
Or a laptop/phone?

Yes I'm using a TV to view IPTV.

But, yes - what you've descrbed is correct. I'd prefer to view channel data on my PC and then *watch* on my TV

There's a variety of reasons why; but I'm not necessarily trying to convince anyone that *my* way is best -- it's just what works for me :)

Yes I'm using a TV to view IPTV.

But, yes - what you've descrbed is correct. I'd prefer to view channel data on my PC and then *watch* on my TV

There's a variety of reasons why; but I'm not necessarily trying to convince anyone that *my* way is best -- it's just what works for me :)
It might be a good idea to start at the beginning, are you using an enigma2 box or an Android device?
Which app/plugin are you using for IPTV?

Sure.

I'm using Tivimate for my TV watching. I have my m3u and epg imported into that.

I'm now looking for a website (ideally) that I can view the epg (not a player - I don't need to/won't watch TV on my laptop -- only on my TV).

I don't know what the solution to your problem is, but I think what you are saying is that you want YOUR epg file from your IPTV provider to be read by a program/website and shown on screen so you can browse it in the order your channels are in on your box.
You don't simply want a channel listing for SKY channels.
Does the tivimate have access to openwebif? Because it would be a reflection of your line ~ channels, bouquets, etc.

Correct, I don't want a channel listing for SKY channels.

And - it could easily be that this forum isn't the right place. I'm still learning (but I'd done a search on importing EPGs, and this forum popped up) -- I (probably erroneously) presumed it was a discussion on iptv in general. :(

Correct, I don't want a channel listing for SKY channels.

And - it could easily be that this forum isn't the right place. I'm still learning (but I'd done a search on importing EPGs, and this forum popped up) -- I (probably erroneously) presumed it was a discussion on iptv in general. :(
You're asking for the impossible.
Every IPTV provider has their own EPG, some may list sky sports news as:
Skysports news.
Another will list it as SkySports News.
The next will list it as Sky Sports News.
There's a hundred different spellings of every channel.
And 3000 channels.
EPG allocation programmes cannot allocate the EPG data for Sky Sports News to any of the thousand variations of the spelling of that channel unless it matches exactly.
BBC1
bbc1
Bbcone
BBC One
BBC one
BBC1
BBC 1
Bbc one
BBC One
Bbc 1

The EPG programme /may/ recognise one of these and allocate it the correct data, the chances are it won't recognise it at all

I thought there was another tv id attached to it -- that's how TitanTV, etc. - can bring in hundreds/thousands of epg (functionally) from cable providers, no?

And, if I have the epg, isnt that info there already? I'm basically just looking for a graphical viewing of that data (or is it also the m3u that's needed to match up the channels correctly?)

I thought there was another tv id attached to it -- that's how TitanTV, etc. - can bring in hundreds/thousands of epg (functionally) from cable providers, no?

And, if I have the epg, isnt that info there already? I'm basically just looking for a graphical viewing of that data (or is it also the m3u that's needed to match up the channels correctly?)
I've no idea what titantv is, it seems to me that it's some kind of online TV guide.

Are you in America?

This is a UK website, Americans have a different setup to us

Yes - an online TV guide - where you can select your provider; you can also *add* channels.

If I were ambitious I could add all the IPTV channels. I'm not that ambitious :(

I would assume (again, perhaps wrongly) that you would still have EPG files no?

Yes - an online TV guide - where you can select your provider; you can also *add* channels.

If I were ambitious I could add all the IPTV channels. I'm not that ambitious :(

I would assume (again, perhaps wrongly) that you would still have EPG files no?
You can't add your provider because it's not Sky or Comcast or Virgin, it's Bert from the pub.
No one has any idea what you are attempting to achieve.
Is the EPG online not the same as the EPG on your app/TV?

9PM: channel xyz: When trousers fall down. S1 E21 watch with hilarity as various trousers fall down, this episode deals with fat people and underpants.

It's going to be the same channel and the same programme at the same time, I've no idea what you want

Yes - it's the same.

It's just easier -- for me -- to scroll through 2500 channels with a mouse and keyboard than with a TV remote.

What you've said is true -- I want the EPG online to be the same as the EPG on my TV. I just want to be able to browse on my computer/online.

You've described what I want.

Back