Virgin AGC issue on VU SOLO 2 with VU USB DVB C

nasifkhan

Hi guys

VU SOLO 2 with VU USB DVB C on latest VIX image.

I'm having issues with the AGC section of the signal finder.

The setup currently is as follows:
Lead from outside - isolator - 6 way splitter.
The 6 way splitter (pic attached) is running Broadband, and 4 T.V. connections and has 1 empty slot.

cables used are RJ6 (from what I have read it should have been wf100 But too late to change as everything is in place.)

Cables runs are no more than 10m.

The problem I am having is that the SNR hovers around 80 on all frequencies but the AGC on frequency above 550 is between 41 and 45. Some channels on lower frequency have AGC around 60 to 70.

When I connect the TV lead direct into isolator then the AGC increases to around 75 to 80.

When there is a 2 way splitter then the AGC decreases to around 60.

At present, there is no issue with picture quality or random pixels/glitching

All it is, is that I want the AGC to stay around 75 to 80.

Can anyone shed some light on why the splitters are dropping AGC.

Thanks in advance for any help.
116538775e1220d279fafd6a8d526eaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yea pic is fine. Haven't had any pic issues with the 6 way splitter

With the frequency, I have a 2 way splitter in another house which has 5 to 2400 and AGC is around 90 on majority of channels

Last edited:
Any shops sell the 5-1000 that I can pick one up from the same day.
If not, then will have to get one from ebay.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry about the AGC levels. They are not that accurate on these boxes and different boxes report different readings from the same connection.
As long as the picture is good I wouldn't worry.

Hi guys
Back again
Have finally received the 5-1000 6 way splitter and still the same issue. The AGC drops but not as much as the 5 - 2400.
The pic is fine.

It's just bugging me.

Any ideas?

Because you're splitting it so much, it's losing signal strength hence why your AGC is so low - it's not a problem if the signal quality SNR level is fine and the picture is ok.

The only way to rectify it would be to fit an amplifier to each box connection - so if you have 4 boxes, you'd need 4 amplifiers but it really isn't needed unless it starts to affect the SNR.

Back