Broadband virgin media hub 4

iam on the 1gig plan with virgin media but can never get over 400 no way near the 1gig mark wired to the shield iam hardwired with cat 6 cable straight to the hub tried adding a router in modem mode no luck had engineer out twice as the hub is getting 1104 there's nothing they can do

Attachments

• IMG-20220218-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20220218-WA0009.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Believe with 1gig package they should have upgraded you to the hub 5 as thats latest hub atm and is what you should have been offered when you moved up to 1gig.

Maybe speak to them and tell them to upgrade you to hub 5.

Believe with 1gig package they should have upgraded you to the hub 5 as thats latest hub atm and is what you should have been offered when you moved up to 1gig.

Maybe speak to them and tell them to upgrade you to hub 5.
the hub 5 wasn't out when got the hub 4 but mite give them a call again and ask about the hub 5 but you know what they will say we will send an engineer out same old story from virgin

iam on the 1gig plan with virgin media but can never get over 400 no way near the 1gig mark wired to the shield iam hardwired with cat 6 cable straight to the hub tried adding a router in modem mode no luck had engineer out twice as the hub is getting 1104 there's nothing they can do
@Jamie@1987 , check this link out and read it, your issue should be resolved in the 3rd post. Good luck mate

Fix Low Speed with after upgrading to 1gig BB

@Jamie@1987 , check this link out and read it, your issue should be resolved in the 3rd post. Good luck mate

Fix Low Speed with after upgrading to 1gig BB
tried all what it said on the post sick of resetting the hub and connecting router disconnecting router the hub is just on 1 network not been split for the 2 and 5g just don't know what is up with it it ain't even getting 400mb today on the shield or on a brand new xbox hardwired

a few months now had engineer out a couple of times 2 different hub 4s what had different problems don't seem to be having any look to be fair wish stayed on the m500 as was getting better speeds

I'm on gig speeds but I don't use virgin router I use a 3rd party router as I find the isp routers shite tbh, speed isn't the main thing for a good connection, packet loss and ping plays a massive part in it all also, as for the hub 5 from virgin, it's being slowly released to gig customers, not everyone is getting it anytime soon but my opinion, dont bother, if funds allow, buy a third party router.

I've tried cat5 2 cat6 and a cat7 seriously thinking of changing provider
Are your speeds below the minimum guaranteed speeds if so you can leave for free without any early termination fees.
Just as a side note have you ever thought that’s the speeds your vm broadband can handle.
For example I was with sky the speeds to router was 63mbps but I had no end of engineer visits ect and turns out the line to my house is fooked I know vm are completely different but seems really strange your getting quite low speeds for gigabit broadband

yh the last engineer changed the coax cable said it was to thick haha not sure he really had a clue to be honest sat in van most of time came back in said should be working but the hub had a red light he looked baffled till I told him he needed activating as was a new hub

yh the last engineer changed the coax cable said it was to thick haha not sure he really had a clue to be honest sat in van most of time came back in said should be working but the hub had a red light he looked baffled till I told him he needed activating as was a new hub
Broadband engineers do make you laugh sometimes

Back