Virgin Media is Turning Your Router Into A Public Hub

H4MZ4

TKvTufm.jpg
Just got this letter today, seems like they are following what BT does.

If you are using their broadband service, the hub will setup a separate connection that will be used by all other users of Virgin Media by using their WiFi app.

But it favours back because when you are out, you will be able to connect to other VM users WiFi (if they haven't opt out).

TKvTufm.jpg

If you are using their broadband service, the hub will setup a separate connection that will be used by all other users of Virgin Media by using their WiFi app.

But it favours back because when you are out, you will be able to connect to other VM users WiFi (if they haven't opt out).

There can't get my home speed right not alone sharing it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I opted out a few weeks ago - I don't like the idea to be honest for security reasons although i'm sure they would have thought about that first but even so, I'd rather not.

I opted out a few weeks ago - I don't like the idea to be honest for security reasons although i'm sure they would have thought about that first but even so, I'd rather not.

They thought about it when they encrypted there channels that didn't last long. I'll be opting out too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TKvTufm.jpg

Many thanks for posting this.
Never got any notice from VM about this and is not that straight forward to find out how and where to opt out but im sure VM know that.
I have no idea about the security of this but to say i bloody mad is putting it nice.
Am i right in thinking that unless i opt out anyone could connect to my home hub?

If VM are happy to share things in peoples homes and try and do it on the sly i would like to suggest a toilet share for VM customers.
As i get older i find it hard to travel more than 50 miles before a toilet break so would welcome the option to pop into someones house to take a p or dump.
Maybe put my pastie in the microwave so save me stopping at McDonalds.
Would be even better if like me they didnt know about opting out until finding my stinking turd stuck in their u bend.
Can only hope that the CEO of virgin forgets to opt out and i can leave a stinking shit in his house, not in the toilet, will do it in his bloody sink.
Rant over (or is it).
Many thanks.

Back