Virmin Actively Blocking IPTV

Kaspas4450

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
I found out today that Virmin are activly blocking IPTV (Safe Search.... or whatever it is called was deactivated). My brother in law has a subscription as do I, the same one. He only uses his VM Hub as standard, mine is in Modem mode, and I have my own routers, and I have no problems at all.

Called to his house to test everything.............yep being blocked! Installed a VPN, re-booted everything, no issues, channels cleared no problems.

Has anyone else come accross this issue?

Ye I'm using their standard crap router and same blacking.

They along with the other big isps have been blocking heavily and trying different tactics for quite some time.

Even yesterday on some groups I'm on some providers were being blocked badly. Vpn on and was fine.

I'm sure some of the more wiser and experienced providers have found ways constantly around the blocks and thus no vpn being required.

They along with the other big isps have been blocking heavily and trying different tactics for quite some time.

Even yesterday on some groups I'm on some providers were being blocked badly. Vpn on and was fine.

I'm sure some of the more wiser and experienced providers have found ways constantly around the blocks and thus no vpn being required.
Cheers mate, I thought it was just me, but going to my Brother In Laws house confirmed what I thought. I have an alternative provider that has protection at source, and it works great without a VPN, and has done now for about 2 weeks after the Sly ICAM protocol changes. WE WILL WIN :smiley:

Cheers mate, I thought it was just me, but going to my Brother In Laws house confirmed what I thought. I have an alternative provider that has protection at source, and it works great without a VPN, and has done now for about 2 weeks after the Sly ICAM protocol changes. WE WILL WIN :smiley:
Hi,

I am on vermin as well, I also used my connection in modem mode, smaller isp are not blocking, it is very frustrating when my server is being block, some providers have built in vpn with there service. Smaller isp like plusnet and Zen Internet, never choose sly, or Vodaphone broadband, they block like crazy

Hi,

I am on vermin as well, I also used my connection in modem mode, smaller isp are not blocking, it is very frustrating when my server is being block, some providers have built in vpn with there service. Smaller isp like plusnet and Zen Internet, never choose sly, or Vodaphone broadband, they block like crazy
Plus net sky ee bt talktalk are the main top 6 for blocking although the lesser known ones are following suit now.
I was with sky for 3 years never blocked for iptv they follow the traffic

there just providers who can’t be arsed with putting their hands in their pockets to invest in new features but will be quick to take end users money.
All decent providers had a work round after the 1st weekend of new season
I found out today that Virmin are activly blocking IPTV (Safe Search.... or whatever it is called was deactivated). My brother in law has a subscription as do I, the same one. He only uses his VM Hub as standard, mine is in Modem mode, and I have my own routers, and I have no problems at all.

Called to his house to test everything.............yep being blocked! Installed a VPN, re-booted everything, no issues, channels cleared no problems.

about 99% of people has come across since about 2016 bud your not the only one and won’t be the last for sure.
Is ip flooding turned off in router settings as vm are known for flooding your ip to disrupt aswell

Plus net sky ee bt talktalk are the main top 6 for blocking although the lesser known ones are following suit now.
I was with sky for 3 years never blocked for iptv they follow the traffic

there just providers who can’t be arsed with putting their hands in their pockets to invest in new features but will be quick to take end users money.
All decent providers had a work round after the 1st weekend of new season

about 99% of people has come across since about 2016 bud your not the only one and won’t be the last for sure.
Is ip flooding turned off in router settings as vm are known for flooding your ip to disrupt aswell
Not my router Baz and I never checked, but thanks anyway, a VPN sorted him out mate(y)

Using VM hub3 no vpn and IPTV works great. Good provider will have stuff covered at their end.

Exactly mate.

If provider has sorted on their end then wouldn't need to worry about vpn.

But not case with all providers who haven't got things sorted their end and still need a vpn. Again not big issue especially if the person has a vpn to use with server.

rs is fully customise on main
Hmmm strange that as my provider protects all hasn't told anyone to use vpn especially sly or nowtv and probably one of few still supporting mac based subs
not really tbf we have fully customised lock scripts that run on panels ,wen sly attack like they do it was affecting all,, blocked em n fixed ,simpley due to the amount of sky/now users out weighed the rest ,and the fact that the populer vpn companies now use uk hosts so ,basically if u notice on a vpn user on a panel ,u will notice rdns host servers ,,so wats happening is.. they have purchased uk servers obviously cos ther cheap but they r actually using recycled ip addresses that have been reported ,iv dug into it n seen it myself ,dusnt matter what country ur on ,if rdns pops up on a ip track ,garenteed if you look into it ,its been reported as fraud + carries on being reported ,wether or not the new ips get same is why we actually chose to do what we did .,this game is not about money any more ,its about protection+ how much u actually want to do it

rs is fully customise on main

not really tbf we have fully customised lock scripts that run on panels ,wen sly attack like they do it was affecting all,, blocked em n fixed ,simpley due to the amount of sky/now users out weighed the rest ,and the fact that the populer vpn companies now use uk hosts so ,basically if u notice on a vpn user on a panel ,u will notice rdns host servers ,,so wats happening is.. they have purchased uk servers obviously cos ther cheap but they r actually using recycled ip addresses that have been reported ,iv dug into it n seen it myself ,dusnt matter what country ur on ,if rdns pops up on a ip track ,garenteed if you look into it ,its been reported as fraud + carries on being reported ,wether or not the new ips get same is why we actually chose to do what we did .,this game is not about money any more ,its about protection+ how much u actually want to do it
Was just saying they don’t allow sly or nowtv to use vpn but different providers different agendas lol

Hi…how do you install a vpn on a virgin router?

Back