VM 2.4 and 5ghz band/frequencies not showing

channelking

Decided to take the pods out as havent really seen much improvement and have some really strange issues which didnt have before.

So after taking them out changed the SSID for 5ghz to just 5ghz at the end and restarted router but devices are not showing both wireless bands/frequencies but just the one combined one.

I did change the SSID 5ghz so would show both separately but still isnt any ideas?

Strange when I had my 5ghz enabled it didn’t show to connect so presumed it auto switched when signal was poor

Strange when I had my 5ghz enabled it didn’t show to connect so presumed it auto switched when signal was poor
both SSIDs were showing before adding the pods. Could connect to 2.4ghz or 5ghz manually before.

Seems resetting router is an option and both should show up then.

both SSIDs were showing before adding the pods. Could connect to 2.4ghz or 5ghz manually before.

Seems resetting router is an option and both should show up then.
you need to rename them, then they will show seperatey so you can chose what to connect to .

you need to rename them, then they will show seperatey so you can chose what to connect to .
That's what I did I renamed the 5ghz one differently to the 2.4ghz one and rebooted router and didn't show separately but just as one.

Then when I logged into router settings it showed on both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz same names which don't get.

Even resetting router earlier on its not showing separately which is very odd now.

Reset the router and changed the names of both and both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks showed.

But few times it randomly and automatically changes to just the one network instead of being separate.

Why is this happening as never had this on the hub before.

Either click ‘forget this network ‘ on the one you don’t want to connect to or make sure they have 2 different names and passwords and only connect to the one you want to

Reset the router and changed the names of both and both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks showed.

But few times it randomly and automatically changes to just the one network instead of being separate.

Why is this happening as never had this on the hub before.
As @bazcfc1 says, the pods connect to the strongest network, and you are connecting to the pods, not the hub.

Im not using pods though. I got rid of them as was having issues with them.

Maybe didnt explain properly.

After resetting I changed both networks to two different names and shows both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks on different devices.

But couple of times now it automatically and randomly changes the name to same name on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz after checking router settings also and then just becomes one network which covers both 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

I want both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks to remain separate permanently but seems for whatever reason after a few days it reverts itself to same name on both and become just one WIFI network.

Im not using pods though. I got rid of them as was having issues with them.

Maybe didnt explain properly.

After resetting I changed both networks to two different names and shows both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks on different devices.

But couple of times now it automatically and randomly changes the name to same name on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz after checking router settings also and then just becomes one network which covers both 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

I want both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks to remain separate permanently but seems for whatever reason after a few days it reverts itself to same name on both and become just one WIFI network.
So,
What is the actual problem with it becoming a combined network,?
Your device will automatically use the one that works best for it.
My tuppence, for what it's worth, is that you should move away from VM and get a provider who's service you would actually be happy with.

So,
What is the actual problem with it becoming a combined network,?
Your device will automatically use the one that works best for it.
My tuppence, for what it's worth, is that you should move away from VM and get a provider who's service you would actually be happy with.
I prefer having seperate networks and never had issues with seperate networks until recently.

Nah I'm fine with VM and have no intention to moving away from them.

I never even said I wasn't happy just that both WiFi networks arent staying permanently seperate. So not sure whats so wrong in what I said.

Back