VM and IPTV

nims076

Hi,

Anyone having issues with IPTV using VM BB.
My brother has a 100meg connection and streams are constantly freezing and buffering.
This is the same with an E2 box, fire stick and Smart IPTV.

I try the same server at my house using 30meg BT BB and all is fine, no issues.

Its hardwired, everything has been rebooted, wires checked etc. Netflix streams fine with no issues.
I have switched off the web shield type stuff as well but no luck.

Any suggestions please?

I just read something on another forum about a VM routing issue affecting IPTV. It has apparently been mentioned on their Twitter page.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Mines is the same with VM 200meg broadband on a Zgemma h2s I thought it was my IPTV supplier until I seen your post, Have you found a fix or is VM Internet or so called super hub just to intermittent. I cg checked all the security settings & none are active that would stop to the box receiving IPTV.

I havent found a fix yet however I am using a Netgear router and the superhub is a modem only.
I have been reading up on the issue and some have said that enabling IGMP Proxy in the router settings has helped. I plan to try this tomorrow and see if there any improvements.
There are several users I know with VM that are using IPTV with no issues so its likely to be a setting in the router.

Glad I found this thread as I was going mad last night at the entire IPTV solution. Ha to upgrade to Crap hud 3 the other day due to the older Crap hub2ac having a fault. Anyhow, anyone finding they are being blocked on VM to any of the suppliers blicking M3U files being downloaded or hitting High R0l servers ( didnt want their correct name ) .

Thanks

My BIL only has their BB and minimum tv.

If you have a Virmin connection then you can get a cable box and a cable line to access the channels......which in turn will be better quality than iptv apparently. Can't comment myself as I can't get cable.

Have you tried the hub in modem mode with a cheap router?
Virgin hubs are notoriously bad even the new hub3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the hub in modem mode with a cheap router?
Virgin hubs are notoriously bad even the new hub3

Is it possible to put super hub 3 in modem mode and use a sky router? just asking as I have one laying about if not ill go and buy a new router
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to put super hub 3 in modem mode and use a sky router? just asking as I have one laying about if not ill go and buy a new router

Unfortunately no, sky routers will only act as a router if their WAN connection is from either a phone line or an Ethernet lead from an open reach fibre modem. If they can’t login with MER then they won’t do anything

Any old cheap wireless router with an Ethernet wan port will do......unless you want to spend more that’s your call bud

if its an old white netgear one it can be flashed and used as a router only

Back