VM CHANNELS FIX (23/4/2020) OSCAM ONLY!!

@grog68 I got your freerange build installed a couple of weeks ago and got Oscam up and running. Was watching channel 4 FTA and decided to try mgcamd instead of oscam as it was constantly freezing the night before. Now as I had been watching a FTA channel so i am unsure whether my line was actually working that morning.

I went to softcam setup and there are 4 options(mgcamd, ccam, oscam emu and none). I selected Mgcamd and restarted the softcam(I have the newcamd.list still in the usr/key folder with the line details). Tried a few channels and nothing. Thought no biggie and changed it back to Oscam-emu and restarted softcam but still nothing.

Thought maybe the line was down and i didnt notice so left it few days then contacted the provider who has informed me its still "connected".

Could changing the softcam setting to mgcamd then back to oscam emu have messed something up?
as has been said switching from one cam to another shouldn't make a difference.

You can check what version of mgcamd is installed (it should be 1.45) by pressing the green button and then the red button. Now select softcams and you should see mgcamd listed with the version number in brackets. (don't select it though as that will uninstall it).

You don't say what box you are using, if it's a 4k box then you would have mgcamd 1.38 as 1.45 is not available for ARM based boxes. Have you made the changes to the oscam files as mention at the top of this threaad?

as has been said switching from one cam to another shouldn't make a difference.

You can check what version of mgcamd is installed (it should be 1.45) by pressing the green button and then the red button. Now select softcams and you should see mgcamd listed with the version number in brackets. (don't select it though as that will uninstall it).

You don't say what box you are using, if it's a 4k box then you would have mgcamd 1.38 as 1.45 is not available for ARM based boxes. Have you made the changes to the oscam files as mention at the top of this threaad?
Yeah I had the oscam working after the mgcamd went down in April by ticking the two boxes and entering my line info using oscam webif. Its only stopped working over the weekend there.

Just checked I have 1.45. Its a zgemma H2H box.

On the Oscam Webif is there a way to see if line is connected? On the readers section under the "ok" column it says 0%.Capture.JPG

check the logs in the oscam webif
  • 2020/05/26 21:19:36 10AADEE9 p (reader) Oscam_Line_cable [newcamd] connecting to (blanked this out)
  • 2020/05/26 21:19:36 10AADEE9 p (newcamd) server does not return 14 bytes
  • 2020/05/26 21:19:36 10AADEE9 p (reader) Oscam_Line_cable [newcamd] disconnected: reason connect error
  • 2020/05/26 21:19:41 7922E1C0 c (ecm) dvbapiau (gobaldigook blanked out too): timeout (5000 ms) by Oscam_Line_cable
Hmm???

• 2020/05/26 21:19:36 10AADEE9 p (reader) Oscam_Line_cable [newcamd] connecting to (blanked this out)
  • 2020/05/26 21:19:36 10AADEE9 p (newcamd) server does not return 14 bytes
  • 2020/05/26 21:19:36 10AADEE9 p (reader) Oscam_Line_cable [newcamd] disconnected: reason connect error
  • 2020/05/26 21:19:41 7922E1C0 c (ecm) dvbapiau (gobaldigook blanked out too): timeout (5000 ms) by Oscam_Line_cable
Hmm???
I would send the last dozen or so lines of your logs to your provider.

Is there any reason why I can't use oscamatv on openatv 6.2. I'm putting line details into oscam server file and so far the channels are clearing fine. So what need is there to upgrade to 6.3 or 6.4 etc. Does oscam share line details over the internet, so others might try to use the line.

Is there any reason why I can't use oscamatv on openatv 6.2. I'm putting line details into oscam server file and so far the channels are clearing fine. So what need is there to upgrade to 6.3 or 6.4 etc. Does oscam share line details over the internet, so others might try to use the line.

oscam_atv should work fine but ATV 6.2 is well out of date and no longer supported so I would suggest you update to atv 6.4 by reflashing and use oscam-emu

i have a h2h with wooshbuild infinity running oscam, i am clearing most VM channels but missing a few like Discovery shed, Discovery history, discover Turbo, MTV base, club MTV, MTV classic, MTV rocks.........probably some other channels also. Is everyone in the same boat?

Back