VM on an h2s

budgie300

Right guys I'm looking for some advise from any cable experts out there. I currently have an H2S with Sly sub and IPTV but have recently purchased on opti combo DVB/T2/C tuner in order to see if I can add Vermin.
I recently flashed wooshbuild v5 onto the H2S and sly and IPTV are working perfectly, I've downloaded the opti combo drivers and the tuner is recognised and available as tuner C (DVB-C). I've found the correct Net Id's for the area (Dublin) and can pick up 312 channels on a manual scan, all good so far, but here's where the help is required!
I do not have VM tv or bb in my house but I have the old UPC connection points, this is what I've connected to the USB tuner and am using for the manual scanning. I understand that a live feed is required so I'm chancing my arm to see if these connections are still live. When I select what I understand to be a FTA channel on VM from the manual scan results (UK Terrestrial channels 1-5) I get a blank screen, shouldn't these work? If the feed wasn't live surely the channels would not be found on a scan, or am I missing something?
I'm currently waiting on any supplier who can offer me a VM ROI test line to see if that works but in the mean time I'm wondering if there is anyway other than what I've tried to see if my connection is live?

Cheers guys.

which fta channels are you using? the hd ones (101-105) will not work without a line, the sd versions should show though if your cable is still connected

It was the SD channels I tried, guess it's not live, just wouldn't have thought I'd have been able to even pick up any channels on a manual scan if it wasn't a live feed???

Right guys I'm looking for some advise from any cable experts out there. I currently have an H2S with Sly sub and IPTV but have recently purchased on opti combo DVB/T2/C tuner in order to see if I can add Vermin.
I recently flashed wooshbuild v5 onto the H2S and sly and IPTV are working perfectly, I've downloaded the opti combo drivers and the tuner is recognised and available as tuner C (DVB-C). I've found the correct Net Id's for the area (Dublin) and can pick up 312 channels on a manual scan, all good so far, but here's where the help is required!
I do not have VM tv or bb in my house but I have the old UPC connection points, this is what I've connected to the USB tuner and am using for the manual scanning. I understand that a live feed is required so I'm chancing my arm to see if these connections are still live. When I select what I understand to be a FTA channel on VM from the manual scan results (UK Terrestrial channels 1-5) I get a blank screen, shouldn't these work? If the feed wasn't live surely the channels would not be found on a scan, or am I missing something?
I'm currently waiting on any supplier who can offer me a VM ROI test line to see if that works but in the mean time I'm wondering if there is anyway other than what I've tried to see if my connection is live?

Cheers guys.

Ok I understand exactly what you are saying, I very much doubt you would pick up any channels at all with the scan if your cable feed was dead. AFAIK all channels are encrypted with Vermin in Ireland.
Notwithstanding this, remember VM are still transmitting 17 or 18 analogue channels on VHF/UHF so why not look for these with a TV that has an analogue tuner, just to prove the feed is live.

Cheers Sparkrite that's exactly what I wanted to hear as with the same cable into a UHF point on the TV itself around 15 channels can be tuned in. I'll just have to exercise a bit of patience and wait for a VM ROI test line. I hear that they are getting harder to come by though.

Cheers Sparkrite that's exactly what I wanted to hear as with the same cable into a UHF point on the TV itself around 15 channels can be tuned in. I'll just have to exercise a bit of patience and wait for a VM ROI test line. I hear that they are getting harder to come by though.

Its live so, yeah I reckon I'll be looking for a line myself shortly.
Can you PM me the Net id for Dublin please?
Cheers.

I get 0% too on my opti combo usb tuner but still works - I think it's the db's that count... does it say anything next to it for the db's ?

@budgie300 I reckon you are just causing yourself heartache, if not a headache, your cable is live and you will just have to wait until you get a line to see how the channels pan out. Looking for levels from a USB tuner within the zGemma is a waste of time esp. from a non clearing channel.

Cheers for all the input guys, got VM up and running perfectly now I've got a line provider, the feed is clearly still a live one, lucky me

Reactions: ste
Back