VM rant

ive actually got 350 mbit broadbamd and anytime calls , i had free tivo for twelve months . if i send the tivo back , the price goes up. as i said its mental. same system for years and i lose discount . i have rung and been told the same price in a call since. if i cancel , i cancel and wont be u turning.
All out there trying to make money!!!

Ive just renewed with vm i got about 5 different offers from retensions before finally getting 350meg and weekend calls for £37 month and a shiny new white superhub 3 aswell lol they tried to charge me the £35 set up fee which i greatly declined and they waivered it lol :ROFLMAO:.
Always put in a disconnection notice and never take the first few offers they try on with ya and eventually they give in when you give them the loyal customer guilt treatment.
Was suprised the download usage i had in december it was 317.99gb ffs lol but then there is 2 million devices on my network all the time lol.
So todays lesson is be patient and you will eventually get what you want in life lol :ROFLMAO:(y)

Ive just renewed with vm i got about 5 different offers from retensions before finally getting 350meg and weekend calls for £37 month and a shiny new white superhub 3 aswell lol they tried to charge me the £35 set up fee which i greatly declined and they waivered it lol :ROFLMAO:.
Always put in a disconnection notice and never take the first few offers they try on with ya and eventually they give in when you give them the loyal customer guilt treatment.
Was suprised the download usage i had in december it was 317.99gb ffs lol but then there is 2 million devices on my network all the time lol.
So todays lesson is be patient and you will eventually get what you want in life lol :ROFLMAO:(y)
350mbs that’s really good!! Aha I have the black superhub it looks great!

Yeah the network infrastructure is in need of serious upgrade but as pablo has said ring them up and give them grief and get money knocked off etc (y)
Oh and dont even get me started on new customer deals that they offer and leave us loyal customers out to the wolves we could be here all day and makes my blood boil ffs

My car is insured by Morethan. They are called that because each year they always charge Morethan the previous year. The trick with them is to ring on the day the policy elapses, which is always midnight. Instead of renewing I tell them I want the policy to elapse and will take out new business on the day after. They always go through the 100 question routine even though they already have all of my details, but the fact is they need to attract new customers. As you say loyalty counts for nothing and new customers get the best deal.

If the cost is higher I just renew the existing policy. I have never saved a lot, usually between £25 - £40, but that’s not bad for 20 minutes work. Pablo doesn’t earn that in a day working in the charity shop. :whistle:

Last edited:
update , signed with plusnet. virgin then phoned with an offer, i said thanks but im leaving. 20 years ive been with ntl/virgin. the offers were two quid dearer than new customers. watch this space.

ive had to pay plusnet upfront for my service. if virgin dont offer a deal i will move on anyway.

a quick update , i stuck out with virgin for the new customer price but the obviously didnt want me as a customer. ive gone from 350Mbps to 66Mbps minimum with plusnet halved my costs per month. strangely my streaming now gets full speed wireless, with virgin i was lucky to get 30Mbps , my pc is getting 73 down and 18 up using a wireless card.

a quick update , i stuck out with virgin for the new customer price but the obviously didnt want me as a customer. ive gone from 350Mbps to 66Mbps minimum with plusnet halved my costs per month. strangely my streaming now gets full speed wireless, with virgin i was lucky to get 30Mbps , my pc is getting 73 down and 18 up using a wireless card.
Great news! I’m very suprised you never got high mbps results with virgin. Where in the uk are u

never got fast wireless speeds, in fact 30Mbps was the most ever. im in burntwood staffs. im getting 80Mbps on ethernet and 60 to 73 on wireless, i can live with that.

Back