VPN Location

tsmiggy

I have a VPN, and when it selects the fastest location, it picks out London. What i am about to ask, may seem stupid. The fact it picks out London, does this mean i am less protected.

Should i override this and manually select a location from a different country. Or will this make no difference whatsoever.

Thanks

I have a VPN, and when it selects the fastest location, it picks out London. What i am about to ask, may seem stupid. The fact it picks out London, does this mean i am less protected.

Should i override this and manually select a location from a different country. Or will this make no difference whatsoever.

Thanks
It makes no difference your real IP Address is still hidden

Thanks
If you are using it to access foreign netflix or similar you would need to change it to the country you are looking for. Example netflix usa has much more content than the uk so you would need to connect the vpn to a usa location.

better to override that, imagine scenario where just before a major event very lttle vpn activity to system claims fastest is X, then within seconds multiple users all connect to X as fastest and Hey Presto you are locked onto server nearing capacity. Best to manual search and select by ping, and free server capacity

Go for an almost empty server , that's what i do and it causes no issue's i even use USA one's alot and never any issue's so test a few when your not wanting to watch something important and then save them to your favourites.

London works fine for me too, try different ones if you get issues, choose somewhere close to the actual server location if you know it.

I generally use London or Manchester too. I use PIA and have for many years when I was using public trackers and for me it has been faultless. I tend to go for the streaming servers. I work out of the country a fair bit and would recommend the service, but I’m aware there are other excellent ones which I’ve not yet tried as I have a three year sub to PIA which cost next to nothing.

Back