vpn on laptop

hi, my ISP is throttling my iptv, i would like to use my mag 256 but cant (using android with vpn) as i im only getting 2mb on download on mag. Was going to buy vpn router but someone suggested using the vpn i have (Nord) on my pc as use laptop and set laptop as hot spot ?? Is this possible,

Not sure about hotspot maybe someone else can assist but a Vpn will only help if your isp is blocking you it wont help throttling. Who is your Isp as if it was me I would just change my Isp.

Voda..... , cant change as 12 months left on contract. ISP are rather than 'throttling' are reducing broadband width to streaming. VPN does help as i have it on android box and although lower speeds. 50 before 20 after (give or take) I can stream without buffering , theres plenty of post regarding this problem, wish i could terminate contract but have argued with ISP who have tested line and as i know its 100 percent ok just stream is problem

Ring them up and tell them you can't watch Netflix, prime or WWE network as they are throttling your speeds.
They should increase it as they are all legal streaming services.
If they won't you are probably legally entitled to leave as they are not fulfilling there end of the contract

All the legal sites are on the whitelist which means they are protected and not being subject to bandwidth reduction, i'm stuck in contract have tried evrything to get out unless I pay 190 pounds for penalty

I was suffering from slow single thread download speeds with Voda, turning off flood protection under the firewall settings on my by homehub openwrt router seems to have sorted it.I think virmin used to use the same technique to throttle it's customers?

Easy enough, there's loads of guides online , just post on here if you get stuck, you have to get your router login details off Voda first though. You can buy a VPN on it but I've not done it myself, I'm not sure if it's good enough for fast speeds whilst using a VPN.

40/10 connection, VPN through Xtreme editor , zgemma i55

18.62 down 8.64 up without Vpn
9.4 down 6.3 up with vpn

Back