VPN router?

aj1soad

hi everyone. currently got my internet with Plusnet and im looking to get a VPN router to connect to my current router. i only want to run the iptv through the vpn router as i do a lot of gaming and dont want to slow down my connection. which VPN router would you recommend? i did have a vpn subscription with digibit vpn but didnt actually work with the XE VPN plugin so i havent decided which VPN provider yet either. thanks

ok thanks. seems like pretty much what i was after really, a cheap vpn router and vpn service. i cant seem to find the amount of devices i can conncet to the VPN though as i was hoping i could share the VPN sub

ok thanks. seems like pretty much what i was after really, a cheap vpn router and vpn service. i cant seem to find the amount of devices i can conncet to the VPN though as i was hoping i could share the VPN sub
On a vpn router you can't share the sub on mine I have 3 devices ethanet 2 pc wireless and 5 mobile devices

is that with all VPN providers? i know when i had digibit vpn i could just enter my login details into each device. i was hoping on getting 1 vpn sub and 2 routers, one for me and one in my dads house.

is that with all VPN providers? i know when i had digibit vpn i could just enter my login details into each device. i was hoping on getting 1 vpn sub and 2 routers, one for me and one in my dads house.
On pre configured like the libertyshield you don't get login details for the vpn sub as it's a router you create an account to access the router online to change server it's not an app maybe @makidos spider vpn router is different to mine so I think you would have to buy 2 seperate routers and 2 subs

hi everyone. currently got my internet with Plusnet and im looking to get a VPN router to connect to my current router. i only want to run the iptv through the vpn router as i do a lot of gaming and dont want to slow down my connection. which VPN router would you recommend? i did have a vpn subscription with digibit vpn but didnt actually work with the XE VPN plugin so i havent decided which VPN provider yet either. thanks
You can buy a £20 vpn travel router online not configured to set up with any vpn supplier, that will do the job you want, if you buy 2 you can then share your vpn with another household, the routers come with openwrt installed and you input your vpn provider details and plug into your existing router.

You can buy a £20 vpn travel router online not configured to set up with any vpn supplier, that will do the job you want, if you buy 2 you can then share your vpn with another household, the routers come with openwrt installed and you input your vpn provider details and plug into your existing router.

Have you tested this?
Post a thread on here with your findings :smiley:

Yes I tested it out with BT hub and PIA vpn it worked well, I no longer have the router as I sold my mag 256 to a family member router included they still share my PIA account though, I now use Nvidia Shield with PIA app and upgraded my router to Netgear R7800.

With no input on this no speed tests it is just speculating, can you give the results you found ?

As a few replies have said the liberty shield router works great, I’ve also seen reviews of the hidden router but it’s a bit more pricey.

With no input on this no speed tests it is just speculating, can you give the results you found ?

I think the poster may be referring to such as the arm Gl-inet router, not quite 20£ , more like 30-40£ or so, but still a good router for the money, I have 1 , and couldnt fault it, as long as you are aware of its limitations, and that 13M download is as good as you can hope for.

Back