Vpn?

Dancab

Basically my provider once again has told me get VPN router to watch football, even tho 2 weeks ago he fixed it said it will be fine now.

I would like to get a vpn router for my own safety etc but i really dont no what im doing or looking at with these vpn routers, i dont wanna spend 200 quid on a router properly 80 is the limit. Any chance anyone point me to the right routers? Much appreciated

What are you watching iptv on. You only need a router for a mag box, every other device can run a vpn app or open vpn.

Dancab

Magboxs are great iptv boxes but unfortunetly a VPN cannot be installed directly onto them.

The only way for a magbox to have a VPN is to connect it to a router with a VPN installed which will cost alot of money for one that wont reduce your internet speed too much.

Cheap routers will most likely throttle your internet speeds that it will buffer during FHD channels.

If it was me i'd buy an android box, install a VPN directly onto box, download stb/emu which looks like a mag box setup and thats you sorted!

This ways alot cheaper than a VPN router with monthly costs, if you sold the mag it would probably pay for a decent android box and a yearly VPN.

Thanks ConSean for that helpful post.
I already have a pia vpn account and its very fast when connected to nearest server.
What does the stb/emu look like? And does it support recording?. My line provider allows recording. I have a mag256 and I find it impossible to record. I.m sure people are happy with their mag boxes. When i try to record it stops after 20secs . I think the m3u file is faulty.I would love to record some programs.. I probably could set up an android box given instructions.
Any info much appreciated.

Thanks ConSean for that helpful post.
I already have a pia vpn account and its very fast when connected to nearest server.
What does the stb/emu look like? And does it support recording?. My line provider allows recording. I have a mag256 and I find it impossible to record. I.m sure people are happy with their mag boxes. When i try to record it stops after 20secs . I think the m3u file is faulty.I would love to record some programs.. I probably could set up an android box given instructions.
Any info much appreciated.
do u have a multiroom sub on ur m3u line???,
To record most providers if not all of them require u to have a multiroom sub to record,.if u dont have one then that is more than likely why u are seeing freezing every 20 sec,

Dont which router to buy thats the trouble
You will need to spend around £100 on one for it to work well. You need a decent processor in the router otherwise it'll throttle your throughput. High end ASUS or Linksys will do the job.
As per the above, probably cheaper to buy an android box and run it on that.

You can configure a raspberry pi or a pc pretty easily to run as a wifi hotspot with a VPN on rather than buying an expensive new router

@laserguy100

Ive never used a magbox but as far as im aware they cannot record.

The stb/emu app looks exactly like a magbox interface and works the same way, you wouldnt know the difference. You would still not be able to record using this app. PIA Have an android apk to install directly on to any android device!

Most iptv providers will have a catch up service available for mag box users meaning you can go back 5 days or more and watch whatever you may have missed on that specific channel. Abit like sly catchup!

If your wanting to record IPTV i would go for an enigma 2 device!
You already have a multiroom sub so you could record two iptv channels at the same time! Ive a vu+ solo 2 and can record 2 iptv channels with a multiroom sub.

Last edited:
Back