vu+ duo mini?

mrripply

Hey lads i just got a vu+dou mini from a friend, it has openpli 4 on it, my problem is some certain channels,ive noticed the list has alot of duplicates on it and some sports work and some dont, some movies work and some dont, im fairly new to this but apart from the obvious its working great, does anyone know how i can sort this problem?
Thanks in advance!

im not sure to be honest, how can i tell this?
thanks for your help!!

---------- Post Merged at 06:56 PM ----------

ive been reading a bit on this, i downloaded a plugin auto boquets but im not sure how to use it or if this will even help, ive also noticed alot of duplicate channels, is there a way to delete all channels and rescan would this help in anyway? im really stuck here im trying to convince the wife that this is a good box but without sorting it i fear i will have to return it so any help would be greatly appreciated!!
thanks.

a rescan should overwrite your channels with a new list,autobouquet maker is used with open-vix images,when your box boots up from off what does it say on screen or menu-information-about
????

a rescan should overwrite your channels with a new list,autobouquet maker is used with open-vix images,when your box boots up from off what does it say on screen or menu-information-about
????

hey my friend sorry for the late reply, since the last post ive noticed if i use the blue button for fav's alot of channels are greyed out and i cant select them, but if i use the red button for all the channels the ones that where greyed out are not but still dont work, im sure this is an easy fix i just dont know my way around the settings to well, there is alot of things in the menus so i dont want to mess it up more, also most of the channels are duplicated 3 or 4 times, ive tried them all on the ones that dont work and still nothing!!
the info you asked for,
on start up there is a very nice image that says openpli,
the about info= hardwae: vu+duo(1200e8)
image: openpli 4
kernel version: 3.1.1
enigma: 2013-12-10
last upgrade: 2014-04-20

detected nims:
tuner a:bcm7335 dvb-s2 nim(internal) (dvb-s2)
tuner b:bcm7335 dvb-s2 nim(internal) (dvb-s2)
detected hdd:
none

hope this helps, and thanks again!!

i am a bit worried as your on a latest update and reading the bricked solo2 thread you might be next on the list ,dont know too much about this box but other models have been told to reflash to older images around december and dont update ,they say time bomb on vu drivers from 2014.
greyed out channels are ones that have moved frequency more than likely and if you rescan your all channel list would be latest and work but channel list on bouquet is too old and need the latest to use.

i am a bit worried as your on a latest update and reading the bricked solo2 thread you might be next on the list ,dont know too much about this box but other models have been told to reflash to older images around december and dont update ,they say time bomb on vu drivers from 2014.
greyed out channels are ones that have moved frequency more than likely and if you rescan your all channel list would be latest and work but channel list on bouquet is too old and need the latest to use.

so what can i do, downgrade? when you say next on the list would it not just happen now? why later! does this mean the vu range is at risk? or just an upgrade after a certain time?
i have not payed for this box yet im only trying it out to see if i like it!

its on all the clone boxes ,if on loan contact the owner and let them downgrade ,ferrari boxes seem to be alright,anyone on older images of 2013 are ok it seems but drivers or updates are bricking boxes from 2014 onwards.at the moment reports of solo2 and mini icloud/solo dropping,not to say duo or uno is safe either,might not be just vu could be any clone using enigma2 firmware on clones from january 2014.

i was looking at the info i sent you the last upgrade was yesterday which would have been me since i have it two days now, but the only thing i did was in the plugins download autoboquets pluggin! this hardly seems like an upgrade?
also i just had a read of the furum you said a bout bricks, does that not refer to blackhole image?
ill contact the guy who owns it and tell him the situation, what image should he downgrade to?again thanks for the onfo! im not going to to touch anything while this is going on incase he tries to blame me, so ill leave as is!

as i dont touch these boxes or use other images i cannot advise but older images upto 2013 seem to be ok,one person got a box from china with bh image on it and it died a day later.think more to do with drivers and updating.

but would plugins be classed as an update? enigma was put on it 2013-12-10 which means the last update is referring to my autoboquets download, so in theory it should be ok?
i know you cant asnwer these questions for sure and ill just have to wait and see, i supose my question is does a plugin download update the box to?
again thanks for your help and info,if anything im learning a bit here im still very new to this and would like to understand it better.

in theory should be ok but if there were other things like tsmedia/tspanel that got updated into box would that be a back door? unsure now if seeing reference to heartbleed bug or virus used .maybe your supplier could advise better.

as it stands at the moment=uncertain future.

Back