WooshBuild Vu Duo2 - boot issue/stability

keeno02

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with my Vu Duo2 box that I've recently started having few issues with. Started off going a bit slow the other day when trying to change IP settings for a new router.
Couple of days later needed to reboot it as it seemed to lost the network config, after that it was rebooting it was getting stuck on the infinity screen and I couldn't get it to do anything.

Decided to reflash it as it assumed it was a software issue. I've ended up flashing it several times with ATV6.2 and then did the Infinity build via usual webif method.

Issue i'm having is it seems incredibly slow booting up, and sometimes it won't get past an infinity boot screen and sometimes it will stay for longer. If it crashes, it's hit and miss if it decides to come back or not..

I've added a couple of logs that I've got but any options or advise be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• Log4.txt
    26.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Log5.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 4
I'm having same issue. Decided to re-flash box with Wooshbuild and can't load past boot screen.
Anyone any idea what is happening?

When rebooting my Vu+ Solo2 recently, I have noticed that about 50% of the time, the box freezes and I have to physically power it off and then on again. I have also noticed it being much slower to boot up than it used to. I am also using Wooshbuild.

Hi,

I'm looking for some help with my Vu Duo2 box that I've recently started having few issues with. Started off going a bit slow the other day when trying to change IP settings for a new router.
Couple of days later needed to reboot it as it seemed to lost the network config, after that it was rebooting it was getting stuck on the infinity screen and I couldn't get it to do anything.

Decided to reflash it as it assumed it was a software issue. I've ended up flashing it several times with ATV6.2 and then did the Infinity build via usual webif method.

Issue i'm having is it seems incredibly slow booting up, and sometimes it won't get past an infinity boot screen and sometimes it will stay for longer. If it crashes, it's hit and miss if it decides to come back or not..

I've added a couple of logs that I've got but any options or advise be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Try flashing a bare 6.2 image. See how it boots up then.
If you have changed IP address because of new router did you set a static IP address on box?
Try rebooting your router.

Try flashing a bare 6.2 image. See how it boots up then.
If you have changed IP address because of new router did you set a static IP address on box?
Try rebooting your router.
Cheers for reply. Ye I'll try a bare 6.2 then and see how it runs. Just like how infinity removes unnecessary channels. Yes I had a static IP on previous build for ease but needed to change dg when had new router, went down hill from there really as it wouldn't hold settings, crashed, etc..

I have updated online to 6.3 and reflashed with wooshbuild and it has started lots of splash screens but it is working for now...

I have updated online to 6.3 and reflashed with wooshbuild and it has started lots of splash screens but it is working for now...

Did not last long. Now only booting up every three or four times I pull the plug. Thinking I may have to move to another image or just set it up myself...

I use Open Atv 6.2 without any builds on a few Duo2 boxes and not had any issues.Flashed one yesterday and all working as it should be.

flash with usb i was having trouble with doing a reflash online with atv as my box was slow got the latest 6.2 of atv site and reflashed with usb its ok now

It's happening to several of us, so we all suddenly have bad capacitors?
I have duo2 and have no issues with it
I do remember my old duo had the same issues as would only boot after a few plugging it out and in and it was a bad capacitor so yes it can be that.
I offered my experience with vu+ boxes to you
You can take it or leave it.

No, thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate it.

However as it is now happening to 2 Vu boxes here - and both were fine a couple of weeks ago, and it seems to be happening to other uses too recently, so I just think that it is too much of a coincidence - but maybe you are right.

I am going to reflash with the latest build later today and see if there is any improvement.

I did see on a couple of forums that ATV were making it harder to use builds on their firmware but I don't know if that is true or not.

Thing is there doesnt seem to be any pattern to it, so its hard to diagnose.
You can go weeks restarting the box with no problems, then all of a sudden it wont boot on first try
I have tried different images from atv, vix, and pure2. So I have no clue what causes it at all

I tried a couple of things today on a Vu+ Solo2

1) Changed skin to Metrix (from SkyWB) on Wooshbuild and box andf it still hangs on 2 out of 3 reboots. I did not try any other skins.

2) Flashed with clean OpenATV. No issues with booting up which I tried several times - much quicker too, but I had not added anything to it.

3) Did a clean Wooshbuild Infinity with SkyWB and it blue-screened during first boot up. Tried a few more reboots (full reboots not GUI reboots) and again it hangs about 2 out of 3 times.

I can only assume that one of the plugins (or maybe a driver - if Woosh adds any) that is causing the issue. I would love to get to the bottom of this.

Does wooshbuild run epg import or other scans on boot? Maybe goto EPG Import turn off update on boot and Check the same for CrossEPG if used.

Thanks

I always turn EPG off on boot and no other scans take place - that I am aware of. I don't use CrossEPG

Last edited:
Back