VU+ PVR on Kodi to read specific bouquet

spudgun

I have searched for the answer but cannot find it on the forum so here goes, thanks in advance for any help.

I have setup VU+ on Kodi (on a firestick) and it connects great to my HS2 plays tv without any issues, however it loads up the entire channel list not only does this take ages every time kodi starts, it gives me a moohsive channel list to contend with. I know I can hide channels but what I am hoping to do is to get VU+ to only use a specific bouquet which I have already set up using openwif with a few channel thus reducing the time it takes to scan and also a smaller list to contend with.

In the configure tab of VU+ under channels it says read only 1 bouquet under it says (greyed out) TV-Channels, I have tried checking the read only one button and typing in the name of the bouquet but this gives me a connection lost error.

I love this feature because it saves me putting another box and cables in my cinema room so hopefully one of you clever people can help....

Spud

I think the bouquet names are case sensitive in the vu+ plugin so make sure your typing it in exactly the same bouquet name as you have on the box including any capital letters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, I tried all sorts last night, checking the case of all letters, trying it all lower case, upper case etc even got the Mrs to check it was exactly the same on the plug in and the HS2 (all 6 letters of it) in case I had screen blindness.......

Tonight I am going to try side loading timote and openwif on the fire stick.

I have about 50 channels in my favorites on my Zgemma and set VU+ client to that and it works perfectly. What i did notice is that i couldn't find a way to change the bouquet once i'd selected either all channels or a specific bouquet, i had to uninstall and reinstall Kodi and get the set up correct first time.

BTW, i use an Android box and now use a forked version of Kodi called SPMC which i found to be much better than the original version.

Last edited:
OMG! What a nightmare this was for me but I got it sussed with the help of another member on here?
If your specific bouquet has (TV) in its title open openwebif and rename it so it doesn't have it.

1) Get your Zgemma IP address
2) On Kodi go to SYSTEM>ADDONS>ALL ADDONS>PVR CLIEBTS>VU+
3) Click on configure and input your Zgemma IP adress
4) Select Channel option and tick read one bouquet
5) Now input your specific bouquets name. Yes like you said it is case sensitive so do double check
6) Now click ok or done and enable the client
7) Back out and power of Kodi/RESTART it. Once your Kodi loads so should the PVR client too and a new section called TV will appear along side Music Videos Programs etc.
8) Let your Kodi do its thing loading all your channels and hopefully everything will work

Apologies this is just a rough setup but it's how I got it working

If your custom bouquet isn't recognised on the PVR client then double check you inputted the bouquets name correctly in the configuration part and back out and head to SYSTEM>TV>CLEAR DATA>SEARCH CHANNELS

Hope I helped out

Thanks for all the help, and the guide crnnk, I was in bed with a brain going 100mph well before your 12am post....... I actually noticed the (TV) after my bouquet name so changed that but the PVR still loaded all channels.
So last night was a night of head scratching, tried dream droid, timote web browsers etc..... After going through just about every setting on kodi and vu+ PVR heres what I did to get it something like what I want.

The Kodi would not display the TV tab on the main menu if I selected read only one bouquet in the PVR configure so I unchecked it and the TV button appeared and it started loading the channels right away.

I let VU+ load the channels, then went to system>TV>Channels> Channel groups. and it displayed all the bouquets as groups so I deleted all the groups (bouquets) except the specific bouquet I wanted (I made sure it didn't delete the bouquets from the zgemma)

Now when I click the TV button on the Kodi menu it only displays the channels in specific bouquet (or group as Kodi calls them)

The player did stutter a bit but I think were lots going on in the background and the firestick may have been struggling, so over the weekend I will clear all the junk from it and see if it streams ok.

Not a perfect solution in my opinion and I will still be tinkering with it until I get it perfect.

So thanks for your help I will post on here if I discover any other things that could help.

I

Cracked it this morning, after doing the delete groups leaving me with my specific group I cleared data (as crnnk said above) het presto it only loads the 1 bouquet, takes about 5 seconds. Works a treat on SD slight stutter on HD but I will play with the settings .

Thanks all for your help.

It rattled me getting this to work. Quite alot of the channels are stuttery. Did you find out how to get around that spudgun?

Not had chance to play with it yet been a hectic weekend. I'll report back when I have tinkered with settin . SD send ok but didn't do a long duration test.

It rattled me getting this to work. Quite alot of the channels are stuttery. Did you find out how to get around that spudgun?

I have just been messing around with it I noticed mine stutters mainly when the preview window is on, if I put it full screen the stuttering is not too bad, I did mess with the fallback refresh rate and that made one channel better, mine is over wifi as well which may be some of the issue.

Fallback refresh rate is system>settings>tv>playback its default is off, I changed it to 50 and 59.97 that appears to the only settings to make a difference, I was streaming to my 2.4m screen via projector tho so not expecting 4k quality .....

Back