VU+ Recomendations

leon377

Hi All,

Been trying to find a good VU+ box for cable, any recommendations for models would rather have a current model. Also wheres good to buy from?

Amazon seems to be from Germany, world-of-satellite.co.uk they genuine?

Many thanks Leon

Depends on needs and budget, I have the VU+ Uno 4K (£219 from wos i think now). Has 8 cable tuners and you can install kodi etc. It's a nice box, it's the one I use as main box.

I don't use all 8 tuners at once but it's handy if, like my wife, you record all the soaps etc you don't need to worry about them clashing especially if one ends at 8 and another starts at 8 etc. I also have my H2S using fallback so access the vu+ tuners making the H2s a 2nd cable box.

I've probably used no more than 4 tuners at most at any one time, you may have to speak to your line provider if you plan to use more than 2 or 3 tuners at once to see if they will allow it. You may need a 2nd line or multi-room line.

It's 4K but I don't have a 4K tv at the moment so can't comment on that.

i recently got a vu duo2 from world-of-satellite, i have all sat tuners but they do cable too, cracking box, as far as i know that suppler only deals in genuine items, dealt with them for years.

I back the previous posters, the Uno 4K represents great value as it's capable of having 8 tuners and it's 4k. I've used to use a Duo 2 with 3 tuners and loved the display as I could see at a glance what it was up to and the hard drive was internal so it looked tidy.
As above WOS is tops UK based so any hassles phone call away.

Thanks, will have a look at wos. Budget was £150-£200

Vu+ Solo SE V2 DVB-C/T/T2 Cable £160 guess the Uno 4k is worth the extra?

Am i right in thinking the zero boxes can be setup to use the main uno as the feed, thinking multi room options aswell...

Thanks Leon

Last edited:
Hi Leon,

if you're looking to slave a box off the main then I'd go with the Uno, the Solo will give you 2 tuners but if you slave a box off this you'd be left with just one, and if you're into recording...
Also please note that as it's a 4k box you better read up on Oscam.

Oscam isn't too complicated.
Am i right in thinking the zero boxes can be setup to use the main uno as the feed, thinking multi room options aswell...

Thanks Leon
Any enigma2 box can be set up as a slave box, and any enigma2 box can be set up as the master box. However when watching on the slave it takes up one of the tuners on the master, so if the main box is a twin tuner, you would only have one free if someone is watching on the slave. On the Uno this becomes far less of an issue.

I can vouch for the Solo SE V2 being a solid box, very nippy with no real downside. Personally I'm not big on recording, if I do it's a single show while I'm out, but 2 tuners is easily enough for me.

Having said that if I were in the market again I would go for a Zgemma H5.2TC, I was pleasantly surprised with the efficiency of these boxes and obvious cost saving.

Back