vu+ running Vix zeus no sound

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
vu+ running Vix no sound

Hi guys

Have a friend setting up a vu+ box with vix but cant get any audio. Not running through any other sound equipment. Just tv connecte by hdmi.
He had it working but was disconnected for few months. Now turning back on he has video but no audio
Downmix seems to be on AAC and Dolby ok.
Any help much appreciated.

I have no access as he is 50miles away but hopefully he'll pipe in here soon underneath ;-)

Last edited:
Hi all,

Cheers Sucmnsee for your help. I've actually no picture. I've sound on a couple of channels but no pic! Everything bar freeview is like this.... at a loss how to sort it. Some help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Ok I suggested updating scan on abm. But no luck.
So maybe connection problem?
Try
Menu
System
Network
Network test

I just trawled the vu forum here but cant find anything.
At least u know connection good.
So it looks a little like ur cams not picking up properly.
Unfortunately I'll have to leave it until after work and can see my box dude. Sorry

Yeah.

I'm running MGcamd.1.35a and I've tried stopping and restarting it but no change.

No problem, appreciate your help :)

No, why?

However, when I first started I was using sky internet so I only plugged it in once to check it worked and it did so I unplugged it and waited till I switched internet to BT, then I plugged in and this is where I'm at.

Oh, my mate did configure the box in house in Belfast if that makes a difference?

Ok. Im going to get told off for this but its what I use on btfibre and works.
You can do this just to try and see if it works as I couldnt get mg1.35 to work either. (We're bot same server)
Try running ur line in a CCcam.cfg with cccam2.1.3 instead. Do u know how to disable 1.35?

---------- Post Merged at 04:36 PM ----------

Setup
Softcam/ci
Softcam manager
Set startup and start
(If you have no softcam here go to plugin downloads and get 1. Reported most stable is CCcam.2.1.3)

Then you have to insert your line by ftp program into the 'etc' folder on the box..........

On a pc/laptop connected to the same router as ur box..
Download an ftp program like dreambox control centre or filezilla. I use DCC.
Install on pc
Start DCC
Click search under pic of box
Click search on left
Double click ur box when found
Hit reconnect button under pic of pc
Hit FTP bottom left
Double click etc folder on left
Use right panel to find your CCcam.cfg file
Click once on it to highlight
Hit ← button on screen to transfer file
That should be it entered

I know how to disable the 1.35 ok.

Wouldn't be sure on how to install the cccam2.1.3. Would I need to download it from somewhere?

Also, how would install it on the box? I'm using iDreamX via my Macbook to input info on the box. Would I just replace the mg_config file?

Sorry for so many questions..... Must be driving you nuts!

---------- Post Merged at 03:41 PM ----------

Only seeing the bottom of your last post now, sorry. Will have a go now, cheers

If ur not getting ur head round it at ill ring u at 7

Just go to plugins
Downloads
Cams
Cccam.2.1.3

---------- Post Merged at 04:53 PM ----------

To enter ur line
Create a .txt file on a pc
Rename it CCcam.cfg
Enter ur line details
Save (desktop or somewhere)
And then follow above

---------- Post Merged at 04:55 PM ----------

Yes use ur ftp program to transfer the CCcam.cfg to the box folder 'etc'

Finally managed to get it. Using a Mac I'm not familiar with either... I downloaded CCcam 2.2.1 as 2.1.3 was listed for me to download. Entered the line in a file called CCcam.cfg and uploaded into the etc folder. Stopped the MGcamd and enable the CCcam

Still no pic.......

is hdmi fully inserted lol,check audio button is ac3 english ticked,reboot box at rear?
no mention of loading enigma2 ipk mipsel file first to box and what image is on box,clone or original?

Last edited:
Cheers cacti
He had running on diff server before so I was assuming coreect files in place.
But im no help for mgcamd

---------- Post Merged at 06:40 PM ----------

Just assuming some of this
Yes rebooted
Yes checked hdmi
Zeus original image

Cant help with mipsel

Think hes leaving it til monday. Ill get server to send me his line and confirm.
Thanks again for help. You'll know how to help him with nline if I can get him just connected with ccc

it will be the same as in wheelos tut for octagon [ e2 boxes ] for guidance.assuming as you say he had box running on other server with nline so would think new nline is entered wrong 0 and o confuse us.

Mustv been an nline with his setup.
Id put it down to box server settings completely except his server reports it showing connected to the server. Thats whats leaving me lost. I got line details off server and gonna try set him up with ccc as a test and then run him through e2 wheelo setup
;-) Thanks again. Im stil a toddler ;-)

No probs. For everyone later it was just a line entered wrong on ccc but it an nline so if anyone wants to take him further on entering as mgcamd or whatever please do. The box was running that before so I imagine it shouldn't be much work.
But glad ur up n runnin dude ;-)

---------- Post Merged at 09:41 PM ----------

Or would there be any reason our server is using nlines that dont work in mgcamd? Just a thought. Prob not possible

Back