Vu solo 2 stucks on " starting.. " I had flashed openatv 7.1

masterm

well , My Vu solo 2 stucks on " starting.. " I had flashed openatv 7.1 online via software management and after it has flash completed , I had to choice to install dual boot or exit . I tried to exit , but the hourglass kept turning and turning, so at the end I just switched the power off, I need to say , I have a usb stick which I use as HDD, so when I turned the power switch back on , I got "starting .." directly , and stayed like this for an hour, I shut down the solo 2 and then I took the usb in the back out , then I got a new image and try to flash it via the front USB, normally I should get the info " press power " to launch the new image , but it shows starting.. directly , if I press the power button directly after switching the power on , I see that the front USB is shortly switched on , but " starting .. I tried 2 different USB sticks ---- is still shown again , is there a hard reset somewhere , since it has not booted yet , could it be, that I have installed a dualboot ? without me knowing it ? I have seen some discussions to flash a old bootloader ? , well I do not know what to do
tx for any help , I hope my box is not a total lost ?

well , My Vu solo 2 stucks on " starting.. " I had flashed openatv 7.1 online via software management and after it has flash completed , I had to choice to install dual boot or exit . I tried to exit , but the hourglass kept turning and turning, so at the end I just switched the power off, I need to say , I have a usb stick which I use as HDD, so when I turned the power switch back on , I got "starting .." directly , and stayed like this for an hour, I shut down the solo 2 and then I took the usb in the back out , then I got a new image and try to flash it via the front USB, normally I should get the info " press power " to launch the new image , but it shows starting.. directly , if I press the power button directly after switching the power on , I see that the front USB is shortly switched on , but " starting .. I tried 2 different USB sticks ---- is still shown again , is there a hard reset somewhere , since it has not booted yet , could it be, that I have installed a dualboot ? without me knowing it ? I have seen some discussions to flash a old bootloader ? , well I do not know what to do
tx for any help , I hope my box is not a total lost ?
What make of usb? Some cheap usb aren't recognised by enigma2 boxes.
Did you format the usb with FAT32 before loading your new image on it?
If you get a cruzer blade usb it will work.
The box isn't lost, it needs flashing.
If you know the IP address of the box you can flash it by openwebif command line

Is this box an original or a clone would be my first question.
When you went to usb flash was stick formated fat32 and less than 8gb and no other usb devices installed.

Think i used Cruzer , Integral , Kingston 8gb sticks with no issues.
Cant remember what buttons needed pressed for starting the download.

Enigma 2 boxes can be fussy in not seeing or liking them.
I dont think solo 2 is Dual boot so would recheck what firmware and for what box.

What make of usb? Some cheap usb aren't recognised by enigma2 boxes.
Did you format the usb with FAT32 before loading your new image on it?
If you get a cruzer blade usb it will work.
The box isn't lost, it needs flashing.
If you know the IP address of the box you can flash it by openwebif command line
thanks for the reply ,
I have been flashing this box so many times with a lot of different stick, and I used 3 different now 1 transcend, 2 intenso and 1 hikvision and I did formatted them to FAT32.
well the IP will not do, because its not booted yet , I scanned all my ip from 1-254 otherwise I would get in via telnet

You have removed the USB stick you use as a HDD haven't you ?

If not you will need to. As well as trying the front usb slot also try the rear.

thanks for the reply ,
I have been flashing this box so many times with a lot of different stick, and I used 3 different now 1 transcend, 2 intenso and 1 hikvision and I did formatted them to FAT32.
well the IP will not do, because its not booted yet , I scanned all my ip from 1-254 otherwise I would get in via telnet
Never heard of any of those usb makes.
If you are in the UK get a cruzer blade from Asda for about £8 and it will flash first time.

I think, since I flashed it via software management update , that somehow, the 7.1 RC OpenATV installed a dualboot I had this message , if I wanna install dual boot, but I didn't and tried to exit without installing it , and since the hourglass was turning and turning and I shut the power off , maybe the boot files got corrupted somehow now "Starting.." appears after 1-2 sec , ( and no way of flashing it with any stick , I guess ) well I read on some older threads that someone installed and older Bootloader file somehow, but this was back in 2016 and he was on openatv 4.5 something
I was just wondering if someone knows which file I need and how I do the update via that older file , maybe there is a hard reset somehow opening the box ? just wondering ??

Is this box an original or a clone would be my first question.
When you went to usb flash was stick formated fat32 and less than 8gb and no other usb devices installed.

Think i used Cruzer , Integral , Kingston 8gb sticks with no issues.
Cant remember what buttons needed pressed for starting the download.

Enigma 2 boxes can be fussy in not seeing or liking them.
I dont think solo 2 is Dual boot so would recheck what firmware and for what box.t

thanks for your reply, its not a clone and I tried keeping my finger on the power button and then power on, but it does not help , as I said in the original message , the light of the stick will go on for a sec , but then it is probably looking for and other file , than on the flashes , I tried also older flashes which have worked before , I have lots of back ups , but they all do not work

Forget the bootloader, what you are describing is a box that is not recognising the usb you are using.
@ pabloescaban and all the others you where right, it was the USB Stick , well not exactly , it was my stupidity , I have a duo 4k too , and somehow the vuplus file I used was a file for the duo4k so no wonder it didn't boot . I found that out, when I was trying to flash the bootloader , sorry for all this trouble, my bad , thanks for all your help
Manny

Last edited:
May i ask what bootloader you were trying to use as Openvix never had or needed one .

always the usb .

well this might work for you as it did for me as you said you updated to 7.1 and then it gets stuck on starting ..... turn box off disconnect your network cable switch box back on when it boots up reconnect your network cable and jobs a good one as they say lol

ant he was using the wrong image for the solo2, he has a duo 4k as well and was using that!! It was good of him to come back and explain what caused the error! Lucky he reaslised as a lot of usb's would have been tried:laughing:

Last edited:
Back