VU+ Solo SE V2 on VM setup help needed urgenty please :)

bikhs

Hey guys

I am at my wits end here trying to figure this out so I need some help please. So far I have done the following using a mix and match of tutorials on this site but there is nothing in detail about how to set up a VM line without every little detail (remember for newbies its not common sense)

So basics:

1- I got a VU+ Solo SE V2 box for VM.
2 - Ive plugged the box up, fed the VM line into the RF feed with an adapter and powered it on
3 - Done the basic setup BUT not configured the tuner part at all though have set the wifi and all the other basics to get the box booted up
4 - Flashed the box with openvix 4.2.027
5 - Installed mgcamd 1.38c and managed to start the service
6 - Installed the VM skin onto the box that I want
7 - I have uploaded my newcamd.list file to usr/keys

What the **** do I do next? I cant see any channel list (I assume thats because I have not scanned channels? Though I tested an openATV VM image file on a wrong satellite zgemma box yesterday and it had a full channel list despite none working?)

I have read a couple tutorials about channel scanning but:

1 - I dont know my network ID? Its a 5 digit number but where do I get that from? My old virgin box?
2 - Something about Scan additional SR and thats another 4 digit code?

SOMEONE HELP ME PRETTY PLEASE!!!! :grin:

Thanks in advance to all that reply

Bikhs

i simply cant seem to see any channels. Have i missed a few steps somewhere?

Do you have a mg_cfg file in usr/keys too? What's your location? Are you getting FTA SD?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

i managed to resolve it and find everything i needed. all works just fine now :grin:

thanks for your advice guys

Back