vu solo se

PG95

hi guys

So I got a vu+ solo se box handed down from a mate who hasnt used in a year or two, when i staart it theres a 'blackhole' startup image and then just a blank screen. The red led on the remote flashes when i use it but nothing happens on the box so im wondering is it possibly not paired. ive also tried flashing it with openvix and open atv with the correct steps using 4 different usb sticks but it doesnt appear to be working.
Im getting desperate now and dont know what to do and any help or knowledge would be so so great.
Cheers guys.

Enigma 2 boxes are fussy with usb sticks, i use kingston,cruzer or integral 8gb usb sticks formatted to fat32 and image extracted to usb,then follow guides for flashing

Enigma 2 boxes are fussy with usb sticks, i use kingston,cruzer or integral 8gb usb sticks formatted to fat32 and image extracted to usb,then follow guides for flashing
Ive used a kingston 2gb fat 32. any idea why i just have a black screen after startup?

Did you have box powered off and inserted usb and powered on,did usb flash and box reboot?
Recheck box and image names are identical and where is box made in case of been a clone?

Did you have box powered off and inserted usb and powered on,did usb flash and box reboot?
Recheck box and image names are identical and where is box made in case of been a clone?
Yes ive followed all them steps and different variations about 50 times tonight. i think im going to just give the box back as it appears its not working. very disappointed as i was looking forward to using it, its my firsst experience of enigma 2 im usually mag and android. and yes its genuine its not a clone.

Vu boxes are very good as i have solo/solo2/duo and zero.
does box say korea on rear as i think its still a usb stick issue.
!00% sure it says solo se as others have named wrong models before.
vu-solo-se-2.png

forgot to add no other usb devices connected

If its got " blackhole " on the box, then there is a strong chance the box is a clone, as these chinese clone boxes was loaded with the blackhole image, as nothing else would run on the box, you need to dig a bit more with your box to establish if your box is a clone...see below

Attachments

• vu solo.jpg
    vu solo.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yes if using wrong image? hence why i asked 100% name and image match?
That box as said could be a clone,any sticker saying where it was made?

Sorry guys i was following the wrong procedure for the box. just installed openvix thanks for all the help and sorry about the timewastings cheers. you can delete thread

So yesterday i flashed the box with a very old openvix, i was trying to install the slyk q skin but i used filezilla then installed etc. and rebooted and went into interface settings to change the skin but it doesnt show up as one of the options. So i guessed that the version 4 of openvix that i was using was too old so ive decided to re-flash the device with the latest version of openvix.. So when doing this i have another problem i turn of the box insert the usb then turn it on and hold the touch sensitive button for 10 seconds and the signal goes on the tv which is what happened when i flashed it the first time but after waiting 1 hour nothing has happened.. ive tried this twice, any ideas guys?

Last edited:
Fully power the receiver down by the toggle switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into the USB port on the receiver.
– Power the receiver on.
– The Blue L.E.D will quickly flash two or three times then start to fade in and out slowly.
– Once completed the Blue L.E.D will flash rapidly.
– If in doubt leave the receiver for a full 10 minutes before powering down and removing the
USB stick.

Hi lads been out all day just getting back to this now. so ive just seen its a Vu+ solo2 SE does that make a difference
Thats a clone

Vu+ Solo 2 SE is not a Vu+ model, however it takes vusolo2 image structure and to flash

Download a Vu+ Solo 2 image, unzip, put the vusolo2 folder on usb.

Put USB In box, turn on at back.
As it turns on.
Hold thumb on power sensor on front of box for 10-15 seconds (not the blue light n middle)
Let it flash.
at own risk etc.

EDIT - have seen you are now sorted anyways.

As in post 11 any sticker on box as it looks like where old vix image works,newer may not.
Was the box bought on amazon or ebay from chancers?
@wooshman might your image work on clones?

In theory yes as it only relies on openATV but I on't know if anyone has run it on a clone box so give it a whirl.

No because it doesn't make any changes to the physical box, it just tires to install standard plugins which can be done through openATV anyway. Just make sure you can flash it with blackhole again before you start testing openATV.

Back